• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Potential Constructive Dismissal Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potential Constructive Dismissal Claim

I think my solicitor's has come to the conclusion he has based on the evidence I have provided, the fact that the admin manager KNEW of the procedures involving me, but chose to deliberately ignore them. The grievance outcome letter actually stated that the admin manager was unaware of the procedures and that my case was largely based on my own understanding. This is rubbish as the documentation is clear. Had the grievance been objectively viewed and investigated the documentation and meeting notes (which outlined line management and reporting lines) would have been studied. Hence my theory that this is just a massive whitewash.

Thanks for suggesting no-win/no fee solicitors. I will pursue that avenue also.

I believe by my employer not treating my concerns seriously and investigating them on the numerous occasions I brought them to my employer's attention, they have committed a breach because by not dealing with the matter they have allowed the admin manager to continue to undermine and bully me. Management admitted when they were interviewed that they had never ensured that reporting lines were made clear and said that procedures had become "clouded". So really, they are admitting that they had not dealt with the problem. I also believe that I have given the company ample opportunity to deal with the issue via the grievance procedure, but that this too was flawed. Hence the "last straw" situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazza951 View Post
      Hence the "last straw" situation.
      You'll lose.

Comment

On what basis?

Comment

You seem to have a rather weak case based mainly on your perceptions of how you imagine you have been treated.

Have you ever considered how the admin manager must have felt, first from your promotion (she must have felt threatened) and then from your campaign of vilification against her? You even took her reluctance to argue with you and twisted that in an attempt to get her sacked so that you could get her job!

Comment

CleverClogs, I'm not sure on what you are basing your assumption that I had a "campaign of vilification against her". Nor why you quote "her reluctance to argue with you". I strove to do my job to the best of my ability, in very difficult circumstances with no support from management. I certainly had no wish for anyone to be sacked and I do not want the admin manager's job. I work on the technical side and the admin manager does not form part of my reporting line. The admin manager wouldn't even communicate with me, so I'm not sure why you are seeing this as reluctance to argue. I had no wish to argue but communication would have been good. I line managed a small team which the admin manager saw fit to approach to help in her department whenever she chose, without referring to me first. I'm not sure why she would have felt threatened as she managed her department and I was assistant to the technical manager. I was only asked to oversee the admin department in the admin manager's absence. All I actually wanted from the outset was for reporting lines to be made clear to others, as they had been to me, and as they were in documentation. Rather than a situation where the admin manager thought she was my manager and this was not clarified to her. Surely management should have sorted the situation either way? If management felt I should have answered to the admin manager then why didn't they make that clear? If you had read my previous posts you would note that my case is based on evidence, not on my perceptions. Surely if my role/duties are in writing and management/HR have copies of this, it should be adhered to?

Comment

Mazza, I was only twisting round what you had posted - and I'm just an amateur.

Now imagine what a professional will do to your case.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Mazza, I was only twisting round what you had posted - and I'm just an amateur.

Now imagine what a professional will do to your case.
                Ahh yes. Makes sense. I think I am willing to take the risk though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X