• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

disaplinary hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disaplinary hearing

I cannot see it as fair to bring up issues from November which the employer knew about and did nothing about at the time.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking and I will bring this up in my defence

Does the acas code of practice apply in north ireland?

Comment

It does - but it doesn't have a lot of clout anywhere! It is guidance only.

Comment

Think ill give the father in law a bell again to go throuh this with him it would be ideal if he was able to come with me tomorrow problem is he lives in Kent so thats that

Ill keep posted on the outcome maybe ill be looking for a new job after tomorrow

Thanks for your time

Comment

I can't guarantee this, but I think it would be unlikely there is sufficient here to justify a dismissal. Although that doesn't mean it couldn't be - but it is likley to be less. You should ask for it to be postponed to get your union rep in.

Comment

On the face of thing's am inclined to agree with Eloise.

Though i do have one small question - You say the your employers own both the hotel and the two care homes, what i'd like to know is whether the 2 care homes are under the same registered company name as the hotel is, or not? As your employed by the company that owns the Hotel not the company directors. So if the Hotels company directors own the 2 care homes but under a different company name to that of the Hotel, then that will change things quite a bit.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

No the hotel is under a different name as to the 2 care homes what can be said about that?

Comment

Originally posted by david1978 View Post
                  No the hotel is under a different name as to the 2 care homes what can be said about that?
                  That's a very good question and I am looking forward to the answer.

In the meantime, I'd rely on your defence (and your union) being the thing that saves your bacon. It's your employers who are disciplining you for alleged conduct carried out during your employment for them - the fact that you may have been "loaned" across companies within the group does not change that fact.

Comment

Well the meeting is postponed to give me time to get a union rep in

They kinda got a bit agitated when I asked for the company employment hand book

Comment

Probably more flustered by the union rep! They don't actually need an "employment hand book" or policies providing they adhere, as a minimum, to the law. Which really isn't all that hard because it isn't really a high standard.

Comment

Yea he was a bit shocked by I said union rep it was the GM of the hotel who was doing it who is only in the job since xmas

To be honest whatever the outcome of this I think its time to look for another job

Comment

Well that is possibly the case - but you won't have one by the time of the hearing (or you are a lucky person if you do) and this might all still be a storm in a teacup.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X