• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help ref marstons bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help ref marstons bailiffs

Hi there this morning I received a final notice . Sayin that despite previous notices etc etc unless full payment is made I shall remove your goods for sale at public auction. I rang the bailiff name on here and he spoke to me in the most disgusting attitude. I asked what it was about and he said apparently I rang the office ages ago it was regarding a tv licence at an old address. At the old address we messed up on payments as lost our jobs and a guy came round and re set up a direct debit. I was told that would be that. I moved approx a month later and heard nothing more. Today I get this notice and he has threatened to come back later and take my stuff which I don't have much bar clothes as most of its my partners but he doesn't have proof it is as when he moved his ex ditched the paperwork.
    Ive not had any mail at this address for further steps notice or a date of a hearing at all. So I've had no means testing either. What do I do? Can I not answer the door? Will he be allowed to break in as we're both classed as vulnerable s under mental health act and my partner is unemployed to. Please help he threatened to come back 7pm today and the office didn't help nor did he. I had to have the ambulance out earlier as I had a panic attack because of this?
    Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:40:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent help ref marstons bailiffs

Help will come along on here soon please stay calm ,If i could write on here what im thinking about this mcgover i would be arrested please if something happens today phone 999 for the police dont let the bailiff in.
    Sorry but im fuming

Comment

Originally posted by Jennadavy85 View Post
      Hi there this morning I received a final notice . Sayin that despite previous notices etc etc unless full payment is made I shall remove your goods for sale at public auction. I rang the bailiff name on here and he spoke to me in the most disgusting attitude.

That's not unusual. I seriously doubt he has a working brain.

Ive not had any mail at this address for further steps notice or a date of a hearing at all. So I've had no means testing either. What do I do? Can I not answer the door? Will he be allowed to break in as we're both classed as vulnerable s under mental health act and my partner is unemployed to. Please help he threatened to come back 7pm today and the office didn't help nor did he. I had to have the ambulance out earlier as I had a panic attack because of this?

If you were not notified of a court hearing and your means were not examined, HMCTS are skating on thin ice. If you have not received the FSN, they are definitely skating on thin ice. The FSN is a legal requirement. Find out if the court sent correspondence to your last address. Please indicate who your local police force is. As far as breaking in is concerned, he cannot do so without authorisation from the court that issued the Distress Warrant. Do not open the door under any circumstances.
      Response in red text.
      Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:43:PM.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for replies. This is in Plymouth where I live n from what I've heard I certainly won't be opening the door to him. I spoke to the local police force and they have heard and told me to not leave any doors or windows unopened or let him in and if he doesn't go away to call them. I had a panic attack after the way he dealt with me on the phone. I never had a fsn it must of gone to my previous address but then they have this address as they sent marstons here!

Comment

Hi guys thanks for replies. This is in Plymouth where I live n from what I've heard I certainly won't be opening the door to him. I spoke to the local police force and they have heard and told me to not leave any doors or windows unopened or let him in and if he doesn't go away to call them. I had a panic attack after the way he dealt with me on the phone. I never had a fsn it must of gone to my previous address but then they have this address as they sent marstons here!
          Jennadavy85,

I'm going to send you a PM.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi all. Good news update after talking with bluebottle I have since had the matter withdrawn from tw bailiffs. As I was never aware of the fine I now just have to go to court and sign a statutory declaration. And the fine should hopefully be quashed as I was never tried etc. Thanks to the help of bluebottle and my doctor all is fair again. But for people in future if you have not been made aware of any fine and marstons appear I would seriously look into it and fight it. Many thanks all to help and advised me. This lady can now rest easier and look forward to my job interview coming up.
            Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:47:PM.

Comment

Hi all update on the situation I am due in court this Monday to do a stat dec to have the fine quashed. But since then I had another nasty call and letter from the bailiff who threatened to kick my door in even thou I rang him n told him the warrant was withdrawn. The CEO of marston then called admitted full liability and offered me £150 compensation would this be acceptable or how I feel is that it was a Micky take? Advice needed please before I accept any offers.
              Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:48:PM.

Comment

I would be wanting to know what he is going to about said Bailiff as he has form for this type of thing and he shoud not be allowed to get away with it. You could always inform Mr Hughes you are thinking of filing a Form 4 Complaint against the Bailiff, it may make him stop and think about the type of people his Company are employing.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                  I would be wanting to know what he is going to about said Bailiff as he has form for this type of thing and he shoud not be allowed to get away with it. You could always inform Mr Hughes you are thinking of filing a Form 4 Complaint against the Bailiff, it may make him stop and think about the type of people his Company are employing.
                  Taking account of what the bailiff did last August, both he and Marstons could still be prosecuted under health and safety at work legislation as it occurred during the course of his employment. His certificate is due for renewal in June. I am of the opinion that representations need to be made opposing its renewal.
                  Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:49:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cosmic Connection View Post
                    Taking account of what the bailiff did last August, both he and Marstons could still be prosecuted under health and safety at work legislation as it occurred during the course of his employment. His certificate is due for renewal in June. I am of the opinion that representations need to be made opposing its renewal.
                    At the very least a letter should be sent to the Certificating Court asking it be taken into consideration when his renewal is due.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                      I would be wanting to know what he is going to about said Bailiff as he has form for this type of thing and he should not be allowed to get away with it. You could always inform Mr Hughes you are thinking of filing a Form 4 Complaint against the Bailiff, it may make him stop and think about the type of people his Company are employing.
                      It may, but I rather doubt that it will.

Even if the complaint resulted in that ba:censored:rd bailiff's certificate being revoked, there are probably more than sufficient other oafs working for Marstons to keep Mr Hughes in jelly beans.

What might make him think again would be for Marstons to start losing council or Court Service contracts, but other companies may be just as bad.

Comment

Mr Hughes has emailed back and will be calling me later after I said about the filing a form 4 complaint so it shall be interesting to see what he has to say. But also in regards to the compensation offer he made me what would u deem as acceptable. I have also asked about disciplinary action ref the bailiff.

Comment

Mr Hughes has emailed back and will be calling me later after I said about the filing a form 4 complaint so it shall be interesting to see what he has to say. But also in regards to the compensation offer he made me what would u deem as acceptable. I have also asked about disciplinary action ref the bailiff.
                          Hi Jenna, it's Bluebottle. The bailiff's behaviour, especially when verbally-challenged by someone, gives me cause for concern. He has already caused someone serious injury as a result of his actions and that, alone, should be sufficient to bring about his dismissal on health and safety grounds. There is something clearly not right that someone should fly into a temper so rapidly when challenged. These matters, taken in collaboration with Ploddertom's knowledge of the man lead me to conclude that there are serious questions as to his fitness to continue to act as a bailiff.

A Form 4 complaint is a risky procedure and I am wondering if a letter to the District Judge at Exeter County Court, who issued the bailiff's certificate, would be better, as his certificate comes up for renewal in June. I am tempted to write to the DJ at Exeter also, in respect of the incident he was involved in last August. In that case, the debtor didn't even live at the address he turned up at and injured the completely innocent householder.
                          Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:52:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cosmic Connection View Post
                            The bailiff's behaviour, especially when verbally-challenged by someone, gives me cause for concern. ... There is something clearly not right that someone should fly into a temper so rapidly when challenged. These matters ... lead me to conclude that there are serious questions as to his fitness to remain out of a padded cell at the funny farm.
                            IFYPFY. msl:
                            Last edited by labman; 20th May 2013, 21:52:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              IFYPFY. msl:
                              I should have expected that from you, CC. Lol! However, there may be a grain of truth in what you say. Anger management are two words that come to mind.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X