• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye strike again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye strike again

or

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      In that case, do you sell your turds and, if you do, how's trade?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        I would still advise taking photographs of the lack of signs, as those could be useful in the unlikely event the parking parasites did try to sue. After all, Schedule 4, paragraphs 1(2) and 1(3) of the "Protection" of Freedoms Act 2012 (link) requires that adequate notices be visible.
        It's a Parking Eye so we know the company and we know the advice advocated here so who really cares about wasting a lot of time with them as the advice on Pepipoo means we do not have to bother with the minutiae. Time to jog on now to something else that might require more time in answering.....
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          In that case, do you sell your turds and, if you do, how's trade?
          Trade is crap at the mo!

Comment

Ok, little update for you guys.

I went back to the parking space and could see signs which I have never seen before, so these must be new but of course I ignored/missed them on this occasion. On the back of this, I went in to the shop that we actually visited on the day I got the fine and explained that we had been choosing tiles etc and the manager has said he will fax parking eye and get them to cancel the fine and wants me to bring in a photocopy of the fine sent to me.

Although at the time I was happy about this, I just read that someone else did this with Morrisons and parking eye would not back down from the fine. I am going to go down tonight with the copy to try and get the ball rolling.

Comment

It isn't a fine - they only come via Council or Police issued tickets. You have an unenforceable invoice. If it was a free car park then how much did they lose?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                It isn't a fine - they only come via Council or Police issued tickets. You have an unenforceable invoice. If it was a free car park then how much did they lose?
                Sorry, you are right!

Comment

What retailers do not seem to realise is that not only are they 100% vicariously-liable for the activities of PPCs operating on their premises, there is nothing to stop them being cited as a party to any criminal offence the PPC commits against a motorist in respect of the faux fines they dish out.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                    What retailers do not seem to realise is that not only are they 100% vicariously-liable for the activities of PPCs operating on their premises, there is nothing to stop them being cited as a party to any criminal offence the PPC commits against a motorist in respect of the faux fines they dish out.
                    One might have supposed that a retailer could only form a contract with a Parking Parasite Company if the retailer owned the land in question. Do they?

Comment

Hi folks..........please stop worrying and look here. There is nothing to worry about and please just ignore their threatening letters.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2294335

I first encountered this mob about 2 years ago when I parked in a hotel car park in Ayr. I got the first penalty notice after a week then the second one followed about another week later. I then found this link and totally ignored them despite getting another letter showing my car entering and leaving the hotel car park. The fact is only the police can require you to disclose who was driving at the material time only if a road traffic offence has been committed....which is not the case here. Needless to say I heard nothing else from them as advised from moneysavingexpert. I parked there again last month and have had 2 letters with photos so far and have no intention of replying whatsoever.........so please just ignore them and stop worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyboo View Post
                        I first encountered this mob about 2 years ago when I parked in a hotel car park in Ayr. I got the first penalty notice after a week then the second one followed about another week later. I then found this link and totally ignored them despite getting another letter showing my car entering and leaving the hotel car park. The fact is only the police can require you to disclose who was driving at the material time only if a road traffic offence has been committed....which is not the case here. Needless to say I heard nothing else from them as advised from moneysavingexpert. I parked there again last month and have had 2 letters with photos so far and have no intention of replying whatsoever.........so please just ignore them and stop worrying.
                        But things have changed slightly in the intervening years, notably POFA, as well as the advice. They can now, and do, chase the registered keeper. You may be getting more from Parking Eye than you expected!

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          But things have changed slightly in the intervening years, notably POFA, as well as the advice. They can now, and do, chase the registered keeper. You may be getting more from Parking Eye than you expected!
                          What is this POFA you mention? Only the police can require you to reveal a driver at the relevant time after an RTA offence.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyboo View Post
                            What is this POFA you mention? Only the police can require you to reveal a driver at the relevant time after an RTA offence.
                            See here

Allows the registered keeper to be chased for a parking charge if the name of the driver is not known.

Comment

Did the snollygosters in the present kakistocracy ever explain how that stupid statute preserved one's freedoms?

Comment

Hi advice needed, I accidentally checked out this site or similar in November last year after receiving a parking charge for outstaying my welcome on a parking eye site by almost an hour, they also supplied photographic evidence or me entering and leaving the car park, the car park was well signed, but being in a fluster i didn't read them, assuming they would say car park for patrons only.I was actually shopping throughout this time as the retail park had several shops that I needed to visit. Whilst I did make small purchases I did not keep receipts as the things were incidental stuff and I didn't receive the letter regarding charges until 2 weeks later.
                                I had actually logged on to pay the £48 fine in under 14 days, to ensure they didn't sting me for the £80 required after that, some how I stumbled on a forum like this. I could little afford to pay the charge so followed the advice and ignored it. I received further reminders and the a bailiffs letter about a month ago. Which I ignored as advised.
                                Today I have received a Claim Form form Northampton county court, the amount outstanding now being £145! I have no spare cash, which is why I followed the advice in the 1st instance, so can't afford to argue in court that the charges are excessive. What can I do, please help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X