• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye strike again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye strike again

Hi guys,

New to this forum, but I will say I have had a good read of so many of the cases here and I really can't believe this kind of stuff goes on.....now it's happened to me!

I recently parked in this small car park behind some shops as my doctors is next door. I have always used this parking, but never for this amount of time. Apparently I should have only parked for 30 mins but I stayed for 1h1m! I have never seen any signs warning me of the time limit (although they may be there just not noticeable).

Of course they have pictures of my car arriving and leaving and I have received the "Parking Charge Notice" from them and the date they will discount the fine until is 3/4/13, should I follow the same advice?

should I just ignore this?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye strike again

Not recoverable, especially if no apparent signs. Consensus seems to be ignore but keep the paperwork. This web site, as well as legalbeagles, should give you hope. It gives the format of letters you should write to them, and will help with the letters. The charge is a penalty, which is not allowed, as against a fine.

Comment

do they have a picture of the car parked there or was a ticket placed on the car,im asking because many times i have driven into a car park driven out again and returned and left laterand left after parking to shop

Comment

The advice that Legal Beagles Forum advocate is from the same website mentioned in post 2: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Have a read and follow through. I would add that I know someone who had the same thing ie photos and they never paid a penny to Parking Eye and never will do.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Wales01man they have a picture of me arriving and leaving the car park, not parked, so for what they know I could have been sat in the car. They did not put a ticket on the car at all.

Through reading this forum I get the impression we should ignore them and not reply, but its just difficult as by paying them it all stops. I just do not want it to go as far as court or be hounded for the next 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno5 View Post
            Wales01man they have a picture of me arriving and leaving the car park, not parked, so for what they know I could have been sat in the car. They did not put a ticket on the car at all.

Through reading this forum I get the impression we should ignore them and not reply, but its just difficult as by paying them it all stops. I just do not want it to go as far as court or be hounded for the next 6 months.
            Moreno5, my personal opinion is exactly what you have said however if you click the link I have given on Post 4 is to appeal the parking charge notice and then ignore as per the advice on the Pepipoo forum.

The choice is yours.....

Comment

Moreno5
              Your decision you could pay up this it what they want advice on hear will cme along that may help you change your mind

Comment

they have a picture of me arriving and leaving the car park,
                If there were no signs at the car park, their case would fall apart before it even got to the point of deciding if they were asking too much.

Take copious photos of the car park from all possible angles to demonstrate the lack of visible signage.

Comment

A photo of a vehicle entering and leaving an area does not, in itself, amount to evidence of parking unless a PPC can produce photographic evidence actually showing the vehicle parked in the area in question. My response to a PPC trying to extract money with photos of a vehicle entering and leaving an area, but not showing the vehicle parked would be, "Nice try. Now go play with the traffic on the motorway." One method by which to undermine PPCs' attempt to extract money is to report the DCAs and pseudo solicitors they use to the relevant regulatory bodies and/or bombard DVLA with legitimate formal complaints against the PPCs involved which show they are abusing their access to the DVLA databases.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

If they produced a photo of the parked car still not proof the car was illegally parked IE OVER THE TIME ALLOWED COULD JUST AS EASILY BE A PLOY TO SEND OT THESE SO CALLED FINES A GOOD SCAM CAN I START UP A COMPANY
                    sorry for capitals a mistake

Comment

PPCs are, basically, parking bullies. Speaking from experience, the best method I have found for dealing with bullies is to remove their support groups. Once they are out of the way, the bully is isolated and easier to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        If they produced a photo of the parked car still not proof the car was illegally parked IE OVER THE TIME ALLOWED COULD JUST AS EASILY BE A PLOY TO SEND OT THESE SO CALLED FINES A GOOD SCAM CAN I START UP A COMPANY
                        sorry for capitals a mistake

Ok, so I should ask them to supply photos of me being parked there? And then I need to go and take photos of the car park and where the signs apparently are, and if they are prominent enough for someone to see.

i was also thinking, how do they know that I was browsing the tiling shop trying to make the decision of which tiles to put in my kitchen. Surely the tile shop would not want customers browsing their store to be penalised. So what if I didn't buy anything, I may be about to buy my tiles soon.

Comment

When you strip away the BS and threats PPCs use to extract money from motorists, it is, basically, fraud. And if they start making threats about court action, that could amount to blackmail, in the legal sense. IMHO, PPCs are drinking in the Last Chance Saloon and the relevant sections of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 was the landlord calling time.

Comment

Ok, so I should ask them to supply photos of me being parked there? And then I need to go and take photos of the car park and where the signs apparently are, and if they are prominent enough for someone to see.

i was also thinking, how do they know that I was browsing the tiling shop trying to make the decision of which tiles to put in my kitchen. Surely the tile shop would not want customers browsing their store to be penalised. So what if I didn't buy anything, I may be about to buy my tiles soon.
                            Moreno5 the advice that this site ascribes to is on the pepipoo site which I have stated in post 4 or 5, all the rest of the discussion is simply noise and can be ignored(sorry guys but we should stick with the KISS method ).

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                              Moreno5 the advice that this site ascribes to is on the pepipoo site which I have stated in post 4 or 5, all the rest of the discussion is simply noise and can be ignored(sorry guys but we should stick with the KISS method ).
                              I would still advise taking photographs of the lack of signs, as those could be useful in the unlikely event the parking parasites did try to sue. After all, Schedule 4, paragraphs 1(2) and 1(3) of the "Protection" of Freedoms Act 2012 (link) requires that adequate notices be visible.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X