• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Verbal agreements - enforceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Verbal agreements - enforceable?

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Teaboy

This may just be meaningless words but IMHO your reference to summertime as being summer is wrong. If this were the case we would only have summertime and GMT so no autumn or spring . I see things in official papers that refer to spring autumn and winter as well as summer.
    I thought that all mention of seasons in the UK was now meaningless on the basis that all we now have is wintertime?

Comment

All mention of anything by the government is meaningless as they couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery..mind you there won't be any breweries left soon.

Will the last one to leave please turn out the lights

Comment

Wow! a lot has happened on my post since I was last here! a bit like a lot has happened in my life.

Anyway...I was unable to get a copy of my contract scanned as I seem to only be able to encounter people with printers, however I decided to write to my x employer and inform that I was entitled to my money, and after much too-ing and fro-ing they decided they would pay me the outstanding accrued holiday pay - however my morals are very poor for wanting the money.

They stated they would pay me on the next pay run - 21st April is the contracted pay date - low and behold I have not been paid. I have tried ringing the head of admin and emailed the company director and no one is getting back to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I do next?

Do i ring/write again or do I contact ACAS? fill in a form for small claims?

All thoughts, ideas and help are much appreciated as all your help has got me this far!

Laura

Comment

How long is it since you weren't paid exactly now? Personally I would still advise as I did -a letter before action followed by a tribunal claim. But someone appears to be hinting, although I cannot fathom why, that you have disclosed information off this thread which might indicate that you could be countersued. That I cannot comment on, except to repeat that employers cannot countersue in tribunals. But if you have disclosed information off thread which is detrimental to your position, then I cannot fairly advise you. For clarity, I believe it has been suggested to you that you do not have qualifying service too claim to a tribunal- this is not true since unpaid wages does not have a qualifying period. You may also have been told that you will have to pay to make a tribunal claim - this is also not true at this moment in time; although you would have to pay to make a civil claim, although you may be able to recover that as part of the claim.

But I am sorry but I am unable to accurately advise you as it has been made clear that I do not have full information because you have chosen to take some information off thread, and that that information indicates it may be risky for you to proceed as I have advised.

Comment

For what its worth I agree totally with the above.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X