• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice re CCJ and statutory interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re CCJ and statutory interest

I have a CCJ from 6th July 2009 in respect of an outstanding amount over £5000 in respect of a loan. The judgement was for payment forthwith of the amount plus interest to the date of judgement and costs. After a visit from a court bailiff some six weeks or so after the date of the CCJ (who accepted that I had neither the means to pay the debt in full or assets to sell, and advised me to seek a variation of the order.) No further enforcement action was taken, and before initiating a variation application, correspondence with the claimants solicitor ensued about my ability to pay and after making infrequent payments between September 2009 and June 2011 direct to the claimants which still left over £5000 outstanding I sought a meeting with the claimants and their solicitor. This meeting took place in October 2011 and resulted in an agreement that the outstanding amount of the loan would be repaid in full within 21 days of my 60th birthday on 14th March 2013 when I would receive my deferred pension benefits from former employment. At the meeting I also offered to recommence and maintain regular monthly payments between October 2011 and March 2013, but the claimants themselves indicated that they would prefer to wait until March 2013 and receive payment in full at that time. Shortly before my 60th birthday I received confirmation of my pension benefits and wrote to the claimants' solicitor to confirm that I would be making payment in full of the loan amount outstanding as previously agreed, and requested confirmation of the bank details into which the funds should be paid. That confirmation was provided, but so too was confirmation that the claimants intend to make a claim for statutory interest from the date of the last payment I made on 29th June 2011 to 19th March 2013 AND from 6th July 2009 to 29th June 2011. Given the foregoing (and also the fact that at the commencement of the loan the claimants made it clear that the loan was interest free) what should my response be ?
    Tags: None

Re: Advice re CCJ and statutory interest

Did the original make provision for adding extra interest or just up until the time of Judgment?

Comment

Re: Advice re CCJ and statutory interest

Only up to date of judgement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X