• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Firstplus PPI Help!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firstplus PPI Help!!!!!!

Hi. I have received a full refund on all PPI misold on 2 Firstplus loans I have also reducing my loan by £200 per month. I did not approach first plus they approached me to reclaim so to get the news that the complaint will be upheld is fab. I have signed the acceptance forms and I am just having to endure the dreaded 28 day wait for the cheques to arrive...Deadline is 6th April.

My question is I am in a DMP and have outstanding debts with Barclaycard. Would Firstplus who are now part of Barclays know I owe them and check up and maybe use the arrears to pay the debt or will the not check on this seen as I have not used my DMP to reclaim the Misold PPI. Also the loans with Firstplus is in joint names with my Fiance and the dmp is soley mine so surely they cannot use joint missold money to pay off my own debts. First plus have also offered to refund us by cheques and I have signed for this so they cannot break this agreement...Or can they...Any advise would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Firstplus PPI Help!!!!!!

Hi and welcome!
    Also well done on your success!

When you say you received the full refund, have you actually received the cheque? If this is the case, they have refunded you direct.
    If your under DMP and the debt company have solely taken over the account where the broker/lender has nothing more to do with it, maybe this is why it's come back to you.

Maybe someone else here will know more and post soon, well done anyway! x

Comment

Re: Firstplus PPI Help!!!!!!

Hi. I have not received the cheques yet. I sent the acceptance forms 2 weeks ago and this morning I have received a letter saying they now need verification of our signatures so we now need to send specimen signatures and copies of our passports or driving licence. I hope this is not another delay tactic. Once they receive these they will start to work on my redness refund.!!!!!!

My DMP have taken all my debts including 2 from Barclays who are now owned by Firstplus but I am worried they may find out I have outstanding debts with themselves and use the money to offset against the debt. I did not approach my DMP to apply for PPI so as it stands at the minute my DMP dont know I am to receive any money.xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X