• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Assignment received 5 years after debt was sold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Assignment received 5 years after debt was sold

I have a old Citicard debt which was defaulted and sold off to 1st credit 5 years ago. The default will drop off next year and will also become statute barred around the same time.

1st Credit issued a statutory demand which I got set side and they had to pay me costs, which they did. I heard nothing more from them and thy didn't update my credit file until last month.

Yesterday completely out the blue I received a Notice of Assignment from Citicard telling me they had assigned my account to 1st Credit! Now I'm rather confused by it all!

Any idea why this may have happened and what implications it could have? Is it co-incidence that it will soon be time for,the default to drop off?

The notice of assignment was clearly sent from 1st credit as its a Reigate address on the reverse of the envelope.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of Assignment received 5 years after debt was sold

Today I received the introduction letter from 1st Credit, they obviously done remember we have met before. Not sure what I should do. I did request my credit agreement from citi years ago and they sent a copy of their terms and conditions and told me that was all that was needed, at the time it wasn't, but not sure what they are allowed to send now. Should I write to,them and remind them that they have already tried and failed to collect on this and their attempt at a statutory demand backfired on them somewhat? Should I send a cca request or remind them that one is still outstanding? Do I tell them the default notice issued by citi didn't allow 14 clear days after service? Or do I just ignore them?

Comment

If this has been sold to 1st Credit then they are the ones for the CCA request. Send them the letter recorded delivery and then they have 12 plus 2 days to respond with the CCA request. Failure to respond puts the account in dispute and 1st Credit will not be able to take any further recovery action until the request is met. If they do take further action then this could be defended as Vexatious. Others with much more knowledge than a mere mortal will be able to advise on the forum

Comment

That's just what I'd do. If they now claim to own it then they have an obligation to comply with the CCA request if they want to proceed. See what they do, but if they do try it on, you can remind them that they previously issued a SD - claiming to own the account - when they have only just fabricated documentation to claim a recent Assignment. See what they do for the CCA request first.

Comment

Thought I'd just update this one..lots of letters received from 1st Credit, I ignored them, they threatened to pass to solicitors, I carried on ignoring, the default dropped off my credit file in February this year and as of 1st August it is now statute barred. I await further contact from them and I will then politely (not) tell them where they can shove it!

Comment

Quick update on this. Have received confirmation from 1st Credit that this account is now statute barred and they will not be contacting me any further about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffers Mum View Post
              Quick update on this. Have received confirmation from 1st Credit that this account is now statute barred and they will not be contacting me any further about it.
              That's great news!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

If only all creditors were like that and knew when to give up the ghost...:ghostie:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X