• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA - Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd - IDR Finance UK Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA - Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd - IDR Finance UK Ltd

Dear All,
    This is my first Thread so please forgive me,
    Briefly:- I have a 10k balance built up MBNA , they sold debt to Link Financial Outsourcing and Mr T . Johnson is the Litigation Manager , who in turn assigned to IDR Finance UK Ltd and Mr Timothy Johnson is the Litigation Manager (both the signatures are the same so same person and finally Mr T.Johnson of Link Financial Outsourcing ltd retaining administration of account.

This is a web of confusion , has anyone come across this situation before????
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA - Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd - IDR Finance UK Ltd

Present situation is that :-
    1. on 29 Aug 2012 IDR finance got judgement for claimant (in default) in the Northampton County Court.

I didnot know of this hearing till i got this judgement to pay Claimant IDR 10,832.52 FORTHWITH and I spoke to CCCS and they asked me to write to the Court.
    I wrote to them on 24th Sept 2012, 'I never got this forms and therefore could not make an offer'

By than IDR Finance had moved MY case to Cardiff County court and Mr Timothy Johnson writes that quote 'an Interim Order was obtained by IDR against my property and he enclosed by way of service the Interim Order and a copy of the Application for a Charging Order '
    He writes further quote ' We would epmhasise that once we have obtained a Final Order we have the option of enforcing the County Court Judjement'
    Interim Charging Order hearing was on 30th November 2012.
    I spoke to Cardiff County Court on 29th November 2012 that i could not attend Cardiff and please tranfer this case to my local County Court. The court asked me to fax form N244 which I did.
    I got a Notice of Transfer Proceeding from Cardiff County Court on 5th December 2012 to all parties as a result of an order on 30th November 2012 this claim has been transferred to the Clerkenwell n Shoredich County court.
    On 22nd february 2013 , I received letter from IDR Finance Litigation Manager Timothy Johnson and i Quote him ' further to recent correspondence we write to inform that an Interim Order was OBTAINED by IDR against your property. We would emphasise that once we have obtained a Final Order we have option of enforcing the County Court Judgment.
    The hearing is listed on 5th April 2013 with estimated of 45 min to consider Defendants application and Consent Order application. Also Judgement Creditor shall serve the Interim charging Order and notice of hearing on Judgement Debtor.

I feel Mr Timothy Johnson single handedly has made my life Hell , bullied me , Harressed me , threatened me with throwing me on streets of london.

please HELP guide me !

Comment

Briefly :- How did I get into this debt with MBNA?

1. My wife divorce me and nearly bankrupt me.
      2.I had a car accident and suffered whiplash and could work.
      3. my son had cancer and I took responsibility to care and take him to all his treatments at Bath's hospital.
      I worked for HSBC for 30years and had MBNA account since 5th March 2001 . I have been a very good customer but unfortunately I became UNLUCKY and face problems which I could not avoid.
      I was hoping MBNA would give me a Helping Hand but they have given me Hell, by sending their Mr Timothy Johnson loose on me.
      This is unfair,unjust and unreasonable that a unsecured loan can be made secured by underhand tactic ,abuse of the Courts system.

Please someone HELP!

Comment

MBNA don't give anyone a helping hand, that's for sure.

I would suggest PMing PT2537 with a link to this thread, he works for this firm :first: http://www.watsonssolicitors.co.uk/contact.html who have successfully taken on a number of cases on behalf of forum members.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandhi View Post
          Dear All,
          This is my first Thread so please forgive me,
          Briefly:- I have a 10k balance built up MBNA , they sold debt to Link Financial Outsourcing and Mr T . Johnson is the Litigation Manager , who in turn assigned to IDR Finance UK Ltd and Mr Timothy Johnson is the Litigation Manager (both the signatures are the same so same person and finally Mr T.Johnson of Link Financial Outsourcing ltd retaining administration of account.

This is a web of confusion , has anyone come across this situation before????
          Do a full credit check on yourself with Experian. You will most probably find that Link have not assigned the debt to IDR at all as I have found out. It appears that Link use IDR for the collection of debts in order to separate themselves from the action, but have the money going to Link.
          You will find that when and if you phone IDR Finance the number goes through to Link Financial and not IDR.
          The credit check will show who the debt is assigned to and if it is Link then only link themselves or a Solicitor acting for them can issue proceedings. If you have a Judgment issued against you by IDR Finance ltd and the credit check shows that the debt was only assigned to Link then apply to have it set aside on the grounds that there were no legal grounds for IDR to issue proceedings as there is "No Casual Link" between the two companies.

You can also demand "Disclosure" of proof that Timothy Johnson works for IDR Finance ltd and Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd and that a copy of the "Deed of Assignment" pursuant to the Law of Property Act be produced which will prove the assignment. Do not be put off by a copy of a "Forward Flow Letter" for the purchase of the debt this is not a Deed of Assignment although Link will say it is.

If you are successful then you should be able to get the Judgment "Struck Out" and claim costs against the other side on a Indemnity basis.

You should also be aware that IDR and Link try to use "A Solicitors Agent" although Solicitors may not have been instructed to represent them in Court. The one that turned up for us was in fact an Insurance salesman that tried to act for them. This is not allowed under the Court Rules, only the Claimant in person or a Solicitor acting for the Claimant can represent someone especially if the Claimant is not present themselves. If this happens ask the Court to remove the person from the Hearing and that the Judgment be "Struck Out" and ask for Costs against the other side as well.
          The actions of both Link and IDR finance can be construed as "Unreasonable" and could make them liable for costs at any Hearing.
          You should also report the matter to the OFT and the Trading Standards Office for your locality.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X