• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Obtaining info off the MOJ regarding a claims management company.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining info off the MOJ regarding a claims management company.

Hi, I want to obtain some information of the MOJ regarding a claims management business and their authorisation application. When you do an authorised business search on the MOJ site, company xxx ltd use to come up with authorisation crm 111 and trading name zzz. However on the company's paperwork it stated that zzz is a trading style of xxx ltd IBC with authorisation crm 111. It then gives a registered address. It does not give a company number. This company has already had its authorisation suspended but I feel there are questions to be answered especially since it could have it reinstated, there also seems to be selective use of the IBC or an error somewhere. I want to know who made the mistake with the name, does it have the IBC on the application. Was the company checked as being registered with companies house? I have searched on both names and can find neither at companies house. Neither name is registered with the ICO, what was their reason for exemption? I would also like to find out who signed the application and what id/utility bills were used. With the MOJ being a government body and xxx ltd or xxx ltd IBC being a company and therefore not subject to data protection, are there any acts/legislation I can refer to in order to force a response. If anybody has any links or a few comments on general guidance regarding an IBC authorisation to be a claims management business - be very appreciated as well. After lots of searches, I just seem to find adverts for company start ups. Thanks (my first post)
    Tags: None

Re: Obtaining info off the MOJ regarding a claims management company.

Can you tell us who or what is IBC?

Comment

Yeah, sure, IBC stands for International Business Company so basically an overseas company, my understanding in this case, its the Seychelles. It does say a UK registered address, it does not say who its registered with, my assumption was Companies House but its not. Well, not in the forms mentioned above.

Comment

Ok but even though the MOJ is subject to the Freedom of Information Act, getting any firm specific information - especially details of the application - would be classed as an absolute exemption.

Comment

Even if it related to a limited company? I suppose I could do it in a non specific way, "how many companies do you input the name wrongly" "how many companies gave the wrong details on their application". Thank you, I thought that might be the case but was hoping not.

Comment

I've fired off enough FoIA requests to know that you cannot obtain any information on a particular company

Originally posted by pearce75 View Post
            I suppose I could do it in a non specific way, "how many companies do you input the name wrongly" "how many companies gave the wrong details on their application".
            Yes you've got a much better chance doing this as it is classed as statistcal data.

Comment

Is there a limitation then to the size of area that you can ask for statistical information on? Can you take it down to a post code area or town? With a timescale? So if I sent a complaint/query asking them to check all the above - then follow it up with a statistical request on how many companies in the zz1 post code area have you received complaints regarding the following in the last month. If its 1 company, then i would know all the stat data is relevant to that. Is that too simplistic?

Comment

I would imagine that anything as specific as towns or postcodes would be tough because if one could identfy a particular company from the combination of requests for info you're asking for, the chances are they'd cotton on to it.

Comment

Thanks EXC, that gives me something to think about.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X