• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Lowell Group are harassing me for a Welcome Finance Debt that ive cleared :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! Lowell Group are harassing me for a Welcome Finance Debt that ive cleared :

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Thanks Bluebottle
    You're welcome.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Help! Lowell Group are harassing me for a Welcome Finance Debt that ive cleared :

Originally posted by tezzam View Post
      Is there anywhere i can find out what all these acronyms mean that you guys use
      Yes.

There's Google... msl:

OFT = Officially called the Office of Fair Trading, the Office of Faffing and Twaddling is the largely supine and ornamental body supposed to ensure that companies behave themselves.

FOIA = Freedom Of Information Act. An embarrassing statute passed by Parliament in a moment of collective madness, this Act allows citizens to know how their MPs were fiddling their expenses whilst giving public bodies various standard excuses for not providing the information sought.

SD = Statutory Demand. The first step in making someone bankrupt or ordering that a company be wound up and sold off, is to serve them with a Statutory Demand. This costs nothing (other than, perhaps, the costs of it being served) whilst getting it set aside may require the alleged debtor to pay for the services of a lawyer. If it is not set aside, the purported creditor may then proceed to a Bankruptcy Petition which will cost them nearly a thousand in advance fees but, if an alleged debt is uncollectable and the creditor has only paid a tiny fraction of its nominal value, the creditor might still find it profitable to go ahead with bankruptcy proceedings.

HTH.

HAND.

Comment

just a quick update, I have contacted my local Welcome Branch to get an update on my loan status but they cant get me through security as i dont remember a passwrod i gave them 5 years ago. hmmm

Comment

just a quick update, I have contacted my local Welcome Branch to get an update on my loan status but they cant get me through security as i dont remember a passwrod i gave them 5 years ago. hmmm
          Ask them to send you a re-set password

Comment

As the loan with Welcome was started in 2008, you should be able to get all information from them via a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
            They will have 40 days to comply with this request but it will cost you a £10 fee.

You should also send a Consumer Credit Act Request 1974 (CCA) to Welcome AND Lowell to be sent a copy of the original loan agreement and terms attached. This will cost £1 each.

I would write to Lowell alongside their CCA and state that you are investigating this error with Welcome directly and that they should await a resolution and explanation before any enforcement/collection activity.

Do you own your own home? If so, prepare for a Statutory Demand maybe from Lowell
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

do i really need to spend some of my own money to prove to lowell something that i already know. i dont own my home but what is a statutory demand for?

Comment

do i really need to spend some of my own money to prove to lowell something that i already know. i dont own my home but what is a statutory demand for?
                Yes you do. How else can you prove to Lowells that you've made a F & F settlement with Welcome? Do you have any paperwork from that deal such as a letter confirming the settlement and/or a photocopy of the cheque you sent them and their receipt for the payment informing you the account was closed?

You may know what happened but clearly Lowells don't or are pretending they don't

A SD is served on you 21 days before a creditor can petition for bankruptcy :fear:

Comment

As you don't own your own home, it is unlikely Lowell will issue a Statutory Demand, thank goodness.

The SAR is probably most important here, because you are seeking proof the account ended in the way you recall. That can only be revealed by documents exchanged at that time. If you haven't got them, how can you prove you settled the debt?
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi

It may be worth looking at Pinnel's case. In Pinnel's case3 (originally Penny v Cole [1602]), the courts held that payment of a lesser sum on the day cannot satisfy the payment of a greater sum as it would not come to the plaintiff's

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X