• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
    And anyway this is Rob's thread (tee hee, fair play)
    Exactly, Rob needs to send complaints in, and the numpties in Welsh government need to get a grip.

Comment

We are all on the side of the OP and we need to get a grip - sorry:okay:

Comment

The WAG are a bit-of-a-joke still...

Comment

Which does mean that you have more chance of getting somewhere by activating your AM as they are not yet hardened by the cynicism that dogs westminster

Comment

This is from my local concillor...

Hello

Thank you for your mail and bringing this to my attention.
            All works that the county council undertake are done in the name of ourselves and we have no idea of how things are actually achieved unless people tell us their experience and what is going on - so thank you.
            I have asked for an enquiry to be undertaken to ascertain the base facts and for the two representatives from the external agency to explain what went on. When I am in receipt of that information I shall be in a better position to see a way forward.
            At that time I will contact you again

I hope that this following information is useful for you -
            You are at no time in any duty to allow these people in your home and though they have a job to do they should still treat people with respect - they have no right of entry at all, however if you allow them in once for any reason then subsequent visits also allow them entry.
            Thanks
            Owen

Comment

Originally posted by Rob0000 View Post
              This is from my local concillor...

Hello

Thank you for your mail and bringing this to my attention.
              All works that the county council undertake are done in the name of ourselves and we have no idea of how things are actually achieved unless people tell us their experience and what is going on - so thank you.
              I have asked for an enquiry to be undertaken to ascertain the base facts and for the two representatives from the external agency to explain what went on. When I am in receipt of that information I shall be in a better position to see a way forward.
              At that time I will contact you again

I hope that this following information is useful for you -
              You are at no time in any duty to allow these people in your home and though they have a job to do they should still treat people with respect - they have no right of entry at all, however if you allow them in once for any reason then subsequent visits also allow them entry.
              Thanks
              Owen
              The councillor seems clued up, and at least on side as far as bailiff thuggery is concerned, hopefully the AM can be persuaded to adjust her attitude, the bailiffs were guilty of criminal offences.

Comment

Have you given your Councillor a link to this thread so he can read for himself?

Comment

8/11/11 First Visit: £22.50
                  29/11/11 Redemption Fee: £22.50
                  29/11/11 WP Charge: 11.00
                  29/11/11 Levvy Charge: £55.00
                  Dates between 3/1/12 and 23/5/12 five miscellaneous costs: £1.00 each (matching dates of card payments)
                  13/6/12 Van attendance to remove: £120.00 (if they came we dont know about it)
                  2/7/12 - 14/3/14 five Miscellaneous costs at £1.00 each ( matching card payments)
                  As you can see, we were making payments every month, at least £80, sometimes up to £160. If we were up to date why would they send a van for collection, then wait six months?! Ill be requesting the evidence of van hire, names and certification details of persons involved and documentation copies. Sadly they did come twice, within 3 weeks of each other. My partner did not see a list of levied goods so ill be requesting that list. Actually ill be requesting everything related to this, and then everything else in a subject access request. And a few other bits i don't want to put on here at the moment. But i will never be showing the video to Excel, unless a court wants it. That way, their excuses will have to match up to something they've not seen, do you think they will?

this time tomorrow the debt will be paid...freedom...and a warped sense of humour with an enquiring, reasonably intelligent mind...im already enjoying this!

Comment

As you can see, we were making payments every month, at least £80, sometimes up to £160. If we were up to date why would they send a van for collection, then wait six months?! Ill be requesting the evidence of van hire, names and certification details of persons involved and documentation copies. Sadly they did come twice, within 3 weeks of each other. My partner did not see a list of levied goods so ill be requesting that list. Actually ill be requesting everything related to this, and then everything else in a subject access request. And a few other bits i don't want to put on here at the moment. But i will never be showing the video to Excel, unless a court wants it. That way, their excuses will have to match up to something they've not seen, do you think they will?

this time tomorrow the debt will be paid...freedom...and a warped sense of humour with an enquiring, reasonably intelligent mind...im already enjoying this!
                    You will be able to challenge and reclaim all unlawfuil fees, and Excel will not be able to do diddly. Your PRIMARY TARGET will be the council, as they are 100% liable for the unlawful actions of their Agent and Contractor Excel under vicarious liability, the liability being Jointly & Severally with Excel, so Excel would be a co defendant in any county court action to reclaim.

Comment

This is from my MP, Stephen Crabb (conservative)

Thank you for your email regarding your recent dealings with Excel, a civil enforcement agency. I was very shocked and concerned to hear about the way that you were treated when bailiffs came to collect a payment recently. I understand how distressing this situation must have been for you and appreciate your opinion that the industry needs to be better regulated.

I have had some past dealings with Excel on behalf of other constituents following their appointment by Pembrokeshire County Council. I have been concerned to hear about some of the tactics used to collect payments. I know that many constituent's have felt bullied and harassed.

For some time now, I have been speaking to the Minister at the Ministry of Justice about measures that the Government is taking to monitor bailiff action following accounts of the experiences that constituents have shared with me. I am also following up on this particular issue at the moment and I can forward on any information that I receive.

I would be grateful if you could forward on to me any response that you may have received from Pembrokeshire County Council in response to your email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Comment

This is from my MP, Stephen Crabb (conservative)

Thank you for your email regarding your recent dealings with Excel, a civil enforcement agency. I was very shocked and concerned to hear about the way that you were treated when bailiffs came to collect a payment recently. I understand how distressing this situation must have been for you and appreciate your opinion that the industry needs to be better regulated.

I would be grateful if you could forward on to me any response that you may have received from Pembrokeshire County Council in response to your email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stephen
                        A good response Rob, now when the numpties at the council spout the usual tripe about out of their hands, bailiffs can do this, the sun shines from the bailiffs anal orifice etc etc, forward it to the MP. have you sent him the link to this thread, as maybe he needs to see it, along with other horror stories regarding bailiffs.

Comment

The trouble is that MPs are briefed by civil servants, so that they are made to believe that guidelines or a "code of conduct" will actually work. Hence, any regulation of bailiffs tends to be so light as barely to exist.

Comment

Don't forget if you need to write to the council again and remind them of what happened and ask for their response, openly cc the MP.
                            This sounded terrifying and totally unacceptable.
                            Contact your local press too.

Comment

Excel have a contract to collect court fines for HMCTS. I wonder what HMCTS's reaction would be if they saw Post #1?
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                                Excel have a contract to collect court fines for HMCTS. I wonder what HMCTS's reaction would be if they saw Post #1?
                                Particularly if a link just happened to drop in their Inbox?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X