• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Well that's outrageous! Tantamount to saying no-one gives a toss. Sorry to say (even though you have enough on your plate) that you MUST keep on at her. And definitely have a go at the MP too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob0000 View Post
      HI everyone, just woke from my slumber - been on night shifts in a job that i need enhanced CRB and ISA clearance for (unlike some )

Anyway, I have received a letter from Excel regarding the email I sent on the day. They tell me the names of the thugs are Mr Pilgrim and Mr Howell, but no information about where they receive their authority. They also given us a breakdown of all charges and fees, but not a list of their charges so can know in advance what their fees are. They do tell me to submit a complaint in writing should i wish to do so - of course i will..

First Visit: £22.50
      Redemption Fee: £22.50
      WP Charge: 11.00
      Levvy Charge: £55.00 (the first time they came to the house, the second time was the other day.)
      five miscellaneous costs: £1.00 each
      Van attendance to remove: £120.00 (they came in a van and posted a notice of intention to remove the other day, but no fee for that)
      another five Miscellaneous costs at £1.00 each

Then it has a list of out payments, in general the misc costs relate to their fees for card use, but then there are some that have no fee - do they make that up as they go along?

There is no possible way we can pay without a fee, if they come to collect cash, we will be charged, if we pay by check we will be charged, if we pay by credit or debit card we will be charged. It is not possible to pay the amount you originally owe?!

I will do the complaints when im off nights next week.

diolch yn fawr!
      The first bailiff is listed as having their Certifcate granted at Swansea, no trace of the second one although if working together he doesn't necessarily need one.

As for the Fees have they given you the dates when each fee was applied.
      First Visit - OK providing they did actually visit
      Redemption Fee - Regulation 45(4) actually states "Where an authority has seized goods of the debtor in pursuance of the distress, but before sale of those goods the appropriate amount (including charges arising up to the time of the payment or tender) is paid or tendered to the authority, the authority shall accept the amount, the sale shall not be proceeded with and the goods shall be made available for collection by the debtor." Note the text thta is highlighted as it specifically refers to you collecting goods that have been removed. Therefore this fee cannot be charged. There is also a recent LGO Report about this.
      WP Charge - they can only charge this if you actually signed it
      Levy Fee - for the figure quoted my calculations tell me you should owe between £1000 & £1100. Also if as you say they did this the first time they visited they cannot also charge the First Visit Fee. As said in an earlier post you need to know exactly what they claim to have levied on.
      Van Attendance - need to know the all the dates they are claiming for.
      Misc Costs - they may only charge those fees allowed by the Regulations - see Day v Davies 1938.

Comment

Rob - I have just reread all this again and I can't believe what you are being subjected to. It's wrong on every level. I just hope that the people on here that have knowledge and experience of how to ENFORCE the law will be able to help you.

Comment

What really is ludicrous, is that the Welsh Government member representing Rob;s area seems to think that what these penypidyniau are doing is within the law, and there is nothing Welsh Government can do, well she had better wake up because when the benefit changes kick in and Excel are calling on low income families for arrears of rent or council tax, and levying the dog, cat, or whatever, she won't know what has hit her.

Comment

bizzyb - what are penypidyniau please?

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
              bizzyb - what are penypidyniau please?
              Richard Craniums yn Cymraeg!

Comment

??? understand Cymraig - (and aren't craniums brains?) but the rest????? please????

Comment

Oh - hang on - do you mean Welsh dickheads?

Comment

Oh - hang on - do you mean Welsh dickheads?
                    Yes the Welsh for such people:rofl:

Comment

no no no no no - not correct welsh - sorry biizzy

Comment

there is no such word in welsh (not needed) LOL (30/3)

Comment

I was trying not to be too blunt, basically a penypidyn is a dickhead but we digress from Kim's dilemma, I hope HMCS take notice of what bluebottle puts forward

Comment

Indeed. Sorry to introduce a note of frivolity. Absolutely on Kim's side. But your Welsh sucks..

Comment

Indeed. Sorry to introduce a note of frivolity. Absolutely on Kim's side. But your Welsh sucks..
                              It sure does, but Excel's behaviour sucks more...

Comment

And anyway this is Rob's thread (tee hee, fair play)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X