• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I originally used the hardship route is it worth or can use the terms and conditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I originally used the hardship route is it worth or can use the terms and conditions

I originally used the hardship route with Nationwide is it worth or can I use the terms and conditions route still although Nationwide
    I believe are the worst either way can someone post the link to the letter to change to my details If I choose to I have just through there
    website emailed the chief executive has anyone tried him or had any luck.
    Tags: None

Re: I originally used the hardship route is it worth or can use the terms and conditi

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
    I originally used the hardship route with Nationwide is it worth or can I use the terms and conditions route still although Nationwide
    I believe are the worst either way can someone post the link to the letter to change to my details If I choose to I have just through there
    website emailed the chief executive has anyone tried him or had any luck.
    Without further details, it's hard to say, maybe that's why you haven't had any responses. You'd need to tell us a bit more about this account, is it a credit card, loan or overdraft? What's the alleged balance? When was it taken out?

When you say the terms and conditions route, are you referring to challenging enforceability?

When you refer to hardship, what would you like to achieve? Reclaim charges? Get them to accept token payments? Get the debt written off?

Comment

Re: I originally used the hardship route is it worth or can use the terms and conditi

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Without further details, it's hard to say, maybe that's why you haven't had any responses. You'd need to tell us a bit more about this account, is it a credit card, loan or overdraft? What's the alleged balance? it was my current account When was it taken out? it had been
      opened when I was still at school in about 1983-1988 now I don't have a current account as they closed it

When you say the terms and conditions route, are you referring to challenging enforceability? no on money saving expert the websit I got info at the time said try the hardship route as I was redundant for 3 years but the FOS were useless I sent all kinds of baliff letters to no avail

When you refer to hardship, what would you like to achieve? Reclaim charges? yes Get them to accept token payments? N/A Get the debt written off? already written off
      £1150
      they refunded as a goodwill gesture £231 which went into the account to pay off the overdraft when I won my tribunal in dec 2009 that paid most of it off mid 2010 but had £150 left which was with a debt collector I thought as I didn't hear anything for a while till beginning of 2013 then I wrote to the chief exec who cancellled that last £150 that I owed but the charges created incredible hardship I was having £130+ a month in charges

Comment

So have you got this all sorted out? Because you're saying it's already been written off. :noidea:

Comment

no not really as I didn't get much back £70000+charges they refunded £231.00 this was taken up by the fact they were still adding charges even though I was redundant they were giving me £35.00 charges they only stopped when I won my tribunal and could pay back the overdrft which I had to do although on some accounts I had they gave me a settlement figure which was under half what I owed them this being a Lloyds tsb visa card I had at the time does that make much difference to a debit card. the fos said as the hearing didn't go in our favour there was nothing else I could do when I complained under the hardship rule to them Nationwide were most unhelpful.help and your reply vv much appreciated.
          just found out another thing would I have been better to go the clasuse 5 route.
          Last edited by halsaps; 29th August 2013, 16:28:PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Is it me, or is this very hard to follow? Sorry, Halsaps, nothing personal, but I am finding it really difficult to work out exactly what you are saying here.

You have a debt that has been written off, but if I understand correctly there are still charges outstanding, yes?

You mention £70000+ charges. What has happened to these? I understand they stopped being applied when you went to a tribunal. What is the debt balance now? Do you have any arrangement in place, or have you done anything specifically to address the outstanding balance?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              Is it me, or is this very hard to follow? Sorry, Halsaps, nothing personal, but I am finding it really difficult to work out exactly what you are saying here.

You have a debt that has been written off, but if I understand correctly there are still charges outstanding, You mention £70000+ charges. What has happened to these? I understand they stopped being applied when you went to a tribunal. What is the debt balance now? Do you have any arrangement in place, or have you done anything specifically to address the outstanding balance?
              the charges are all paid back but I belive them to be excessive sorry
              if that didn't come across right. thanks for replying they were added up until I had my tribunal and after till I paid them off in around may 2010 but had £150 left which went to a debt collector but
              there chief exec wrote them off this year in 2013 . I was getting charges all through about 3 years of redundancy from sept 2009 then till may 2010 when paid mostly off I will upload charges soon when I can convert the data protection request and post them sometime Friday.hope this is more understandable now

Comment

So you are trying to reclaim excessive charges?

These charges amounted to £70000 but have been repaid?

There is no debt or any charges outstanding - effectively you are trying to get something refunded retrospectively?

How much are you looking to get refunded?

Do you have a breakdown of all the charges?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding. :beagle:

Comment

So you are trying to reclaim excessive charges? yes if it is still possible as I did before but all charges went towards my overdraft £231
                  my overdraft was around £1200 at the time

These charges amounted to £70000 but have been repaid? yes

There is no debt or any charges outstanding - effectively you are trying to get something refunded retrospectively?none

How much are you looking to get refunded? anything reasonable

Do you have a breakdown of all the charges? yes

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding. :beagle:
                  ok attached most system not working well
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by halsaps; 30th August 2013, 22:14:PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Well £7000 is better than £70000 in charges which is what was put originally. I thought it was a bit excessive!

Comment

Well £7000 is better than £70000 in charges which is what was put originally. I thought it was a bit excessive!
                      sorry should read through things I don't get much time on the computer so I hurry and make mistakes.

Comment

There are massive omissions between dates on these three pages. Do you have the missing pages?

Comment

I have been trying to upload but there seems to some technical issues when uploading I will keep trying.

Comment

It may be the size of the file. I often just print to a pdf and post as an attachment. It's often easier.

Comment

It is easy to ee the links like attachment form of pdf.. Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X