• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contentious Probate particulars of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contentious Probate particulars of claim

Hi,
    I am asking these questions regarding a contentious probate claim. i am in a situation where there is little alternative but to go to court. not having the £30-£100,000 ball park figure to fight the case with a barrister on my side i am having to conduct the claim myself.

this would be an N2 form as well as the relevant forms to be served on the defendant.
    its a case in solemn rather than common due to contention.
    the case involves fraud, forgery and lack of testamentary capacity indeed the testator suffered from atypical Alzheimer's and was delusional. it cant really be claimed as lucid interval either as the will demonstrates paranoia which can be proven to be false.
    so upon intestacy i would be the sole beneficiary. i.e. im am challenging the will and require the executrix/s to prove due execution of the will.
    the purported will is questionable to say the least. it is the signature of the witnesses that appear to have been forged.
    as it is a fraud/forgery claim as i comprehend it, it would not be suitable for a subpoena or citation, but i do need the apparent executrix to bring in the will so i will be using practice direction 57.

i am having difficulty in making sure that i fill in the particulars of claim correctly as i don't wish to fall into the trap of basically writing a witness statement when it needs to be a particulars of claim. ie i have to keep it concise.
    naturally i am aware that you do not know the full details of the case all cases are case specific.

i have investigated the case thoroughly as possible and i can show many areas where the individual concerned has conflicted their own words.
    i have evidence from the Court of Protection as i was in the process of challenging an EPA when the testator died so the COP lost jurisdiction.

what i am looking for is advice and even better still a draft of a particulars of claim in a contentious probate matter so as to use it as a template.but i assume in essence they are similar in terms of setting out the facts as a normal particulars of claim.

the problem is that i have ALOT of documents/evidence. i went to the police but was rebuffed and told CIVIL SIR.....i have sought legal advice but due to the purported value of under £5000 makes it less likely that solicitors will take on the case. however this estimate is false and i can show/indicate it to be so.
    i have a handwriting report written by a document examiner which states that the executrix is the author of the first witness's signature.
    i have gained further writing and in my opinion it would go even further in conclusively proving the case.

kind regards Judge Justice
    Last edited by Judge Justice; 8th March 2013, 17:39:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed for Contentious Probate particulars of claim

Hi

Were you able to obtain an example particulars of claim and, if so, would you be willing to share this.?

I have a similar issue and need to dispute the Will, as well as undue influence, fraud, theft, breach of a position of trust, along with other issues which I am currently researching with the evidence I have.

If anyone else can assist with a template it would be much appreciated.

Regards, Andy

Originally posted by Judge Justice View Post
    Hi,
    I am asking these questions regarding a contentious probate claim. i am in a situation where there is little alternative but to go to court. not having the £30-£100,000 ball park figure to fight the case with a barrister on my side i am having to conduct the claim myself.

this would be an N2 form as well as the relevant forms to be served on the defendant.
    its a case in solemn rather than common due to contention.
    the case involves fraud, forgery and lack of testamentary capacity indeed the testator suffered from atypical Alzheimer's and was delusional. it cant really be claimed as lucid interval either as the will demonstrates paranoia which can be proven to be false.
    so upon intestacy i would be the sole beneficiary. i.e. im am challenging the will and require the executrix/s to prove due execution of the will.
    the purported will is questionable to say the least. it is the signature of the witnesses that appear to have been forged.
    as it is a fraud/forgery claim as i comprehend it, it would not be suitable for a subpoena or citation, but i do need the apparent executrix to bring in the will so i will be using practice direction 57.

i am having difficulty in making sure that i fill in the particulars of claim correctly as i don't wish to fall into the trap of basically writing a witness statement when it needs to be a particulars of claim. ie i have to keep it concise.
    naturally i am aware that you do not know the full details of the case all cases are case specific.

i have investigated the case thoroughly as possible and i can show many areas where the individual concerned has conflicted their own words.
    i have evidence from the Court of Protection as i was in the process of challenging an EPA when the testator died so the COP lost jurisdiction.

what i am looking for is advice and even better still a draft of a particulars of claim in a contentious probate matter so as to use it as a template.but i assume in essence they are similar in terms of setting out the facts as a normal particulars of claim.

the problem is that i have ALOT of documents/evidence. i went to the police but was rebuffed and told CIVIL SIR.....i have sought legal advice but due to the purported value of under £5000 makes it less likely that solicitors will take on the case. however this estimate is false and i can show/indicate it to be so.
    i have a handwriting report written by a document examiner which states that the executrix is the author of the first witness's signature.
    i have gained further writing and in my opinion it would go even further in conclusively proving the case.

kind regards Judge Justice

Comment

Re: Help needed for Contentious Probate particulars of claim

Hi there,

I also have a similar request. Were any posters here able to locate a template for such letter of claim?

Best regards,

JL

Originally posted by AndyWraith View Post
      Hi

Were you able to obtain an example particulars of claim and, if so, would you be willing to share this.?

I have a similar issue and need to dispute the Will, as well as undue influence, fraud, theft, breach of a position of trust, along with other issues which I am currently researching with the evidence I have.

If anyone else can assist with a template it would be much appreciated.

Regards, Andy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X