• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Should you be aware an act is gross misconduct before committing it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should you be aware an act is gross misconduct before committing it?

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
    Unacceptable in what way and to whom?
    I think that is rather moot. The OP has agreed they did, admitted it to the employer, and the employer has the comments posted.

Comment

Unacceptable in what way and to whom?
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...antic-facebook

See above for one example.....(I have thousands more btw)
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...antic-facebook

See above for one example.....(I have thousands more btw)
        And isn't that the problem? There ARE thousands more, and many more waiting to be found. I actually know of employers who, when they are looking to get rid of an employee actually go to Facebook before they go to timesheets and expenses claims!

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
          I think that is rather moot. The OP has agreed they did, admitted it to the employer, and the employer has the comments posted.
          If someone posts on Foolbook that 'my employer is a jerk', is that really Gross Miscounduct? I would want to know a lot more detail before jumping either way. Are we in a situation where no one can say anything because everyone will be offended by something?

Comment

If someone posts on Foolbook that 'my employer is a jerk', is that really Gross Miscounduct? I would want to know a lot more detail before jumping either way. Are we in a situation where no one can say anything because everyone will be offended by something?

If I called you an idiot and I also had work friends on my facebook page and ridiculed you, do you not think that would constitute gross misconduct?

Comment

I actually know of employers who, when they are looking to get rid of an employee actually go to Facebook before they go to timesheets and expenses claims!
              True! It amazes me how people go on these sites and spill their guts ...

Comment

True! It amazes me how people go on these sites and spill their guts ...
                They should then SAR them for the employment file(you'll be amazed what is inside them ).

Comment

If I called you an idiot and I also had work friends on my facebook page and ridiculed you, do you not think that would constitute gross misconduct?
                  No. I'm an adult.

If on the other hand, the statements were clearly defamatory, or were such as to damage my professional standing, that might be another matter.

Comment

If, however, you were self employed you could have as much fun as you liked ridiculing your employer - and actually only get payed for work you did and get no payed holidays, sick pay, redundancy, pension and so forth...

Comment

Or you could not be on Facebook, never tweet anyone, and have a professional identity which has it's own legal existence entirely seperate from who you are personally so that really annoyed employers can't find you. Works a treat I have found! I found out long before the internet even existed how easy it was for a very annoyed employer to find you. And took steps....
                      Indeed, although FB is very useful for keeping in touch with family and old friends, I don't tweet and don't log on FB very much but it has been invaluable to restore ties with people I hadn't seen in over 20 years and even to end a 20 year long 'family feud'. To me, life is more important than work! :grin:

Comment

They should then SAR them for the employment file(you'll be amazed what is inside them ).
                        Or not as the case may be! I SARd both my employer and the company they outsourced to, and got a box (the size used to accommodate 5 reams of paper), yet there was hardly anything of substance there, after 6 years of slavery, endless disagreements and a long investigation into my internet activities, there wasn't a single email or communication where they actually said anything negative about me, or anything to suggest they knew about my websites even a day before they suspended me. The whole thing was sanitized and you can't do much about it, can't go to the ICO arguing non-compliance when they've sent you several reams by recorded delivery, can you? But it was all chaff and no wheat!

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          Or not as the case may be! I SARd both my employer and the company they outsourced to, and got a box (the size used to accommodate 5 reams of paper), yet there was hardly anything of substance there, after 6 years of slavery, endless disagreements and a long investigation into my internet activities, there wasn't a single email or communication where they actually said anything negative about me, or anything to suggest they knew about my websites even a day before they suspended me. The whole thing was sanitized and you can't do much about it, can't go to the ICO arguing non-compliance when they've sent you several reams by recorded delivery, can you? But it was all chaff and no wheat!
                          Mine had everything I needed to know and gave me the chronology that put other facts I knew into context. I knew when they knew, I knew how they found out it was me and I knew everything else.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X