• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to forum, desperately need help with a DCA! WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to this forum and desperately need help with a DC

Superb detective work CleverClogs! Thank you again! I'm determined to pursue this until some sort of legal action sticks now.

Comment

Re: Hi everyone, EMERGENCY! I'm new to this forum and desperately need help with a DC

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
      The fact that the deposit was returned in full despite not being put into any statutory scheme (which is unlawful in itself - I mean not putting the deposit in a scheme) would indicate that all the other stuff is a red herring - clearly I'm wrong because all you wise owls take it very seriously. I, though, suspect that this is a lot simpler than it seems - am just not clever enough to pinpoint how. But anyone can say you owe them money and lay a paper trail - doesn't mean it's true.
      There is that as well - one would expect that the correspondence from the alleged letting agent would contain details of any rent arrears.

Comment

I believe you're right MissFM. I just don't know enough about the law to put a name to it and quote the laws and paragraph numbers that they seem to be breaking.

Comment

I would have thought that they would contact me too. They claim that they have done, although we have received no calls from them. We didn't leave a forwarding postal address with them, but they had our guarantors address and our email addresses and phone numbers. If they wanted to get in touch with us they could easily have done so.

Comment

Posted by Fermi, "OTR", a view of the stylish and palatial offices occupied by NG Collections:

Comment

You know clogs you are So clever...

Comment

Amazing, CleverClogs! I almost feel bad for them... almost. I'm still going to pursue them until every bit of legal action and investigation and subsequent further prosecution that I can instigate has been visited upon them.

If I were to contact everybody I can find who has ever had a legitimate, legally valid complaint about them, is there some sort of class action that can be brought about? How many people does it take to apply for this kind of proceeding?

Comment

actually CC - that picture looks well dodgy - wobbly - bulgy buildings....

Comment

I am not sure that a class action can be started in the UK in quite the same way it might be started in the American colonies, but nor am I entirely sure that one would be necessary.

I will have to seek advice on this point, but section 40 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (link) springs to my mind as I am sure it would have sprung to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                      actually CC - that picture looks well dodgy - wobbly - bulgy buildings....
                      They are not quite that bad - the road along which the Google camera van trundled was rather uneven.

Some of the buildings even have real mortar between the bricks!

Comment

Whatever the feeling about these collection scum may be, the fact is that they have served your guarantor with a Statutory Demand. If you do not apply to the court to set this aside within 18 days of service you may find that a bankruptcy petition is then issued against the guarantor. It may just be a frightener, but you can't take that risk. Get yourself down to the court with your guarantor and take the form with you. The court staff can supply you with the necessary application forms to have this set aside. Alternatively the forms and procedure are available online - just search setting aside a statutory demand. The forms or a link to them are on this forum too. It will involve your guarantor attending a hearing in the District Judge's chambers (the judge's private room). You will have to complete the forms, take them to the court office and then you will be given a hearing date. You can attend with your guarantor - I feel confident the DJ will allow you to be present although you are not actually a party to the application.
                        Please don't delay - time limits for applying for a set aside are strict and the 18 days runs from the date the form was served (the day your guarantor first received it). You can give the dispute as your reason for wanting the SD set aside. There are deficiencies in the SD itself as well, but that's secondary.
                        Get some legal advice if you want to, but do observe that time limit.

Comment

None of the companies featured in this thread is known by:
                          1. Companies House, with the sole exception of Beckhall Properties Limited - but they may just be not limited liability companies
                          2. The Data Protection Register
                          3. The Consumer Credit Act Licence Register

2 and 3 are not optional.

What's the betting that the Inland Revenue have also never heard of them?

Comment

Guess which company is "marketing" the property at 40 Lower Hillgate, Stockport...

link

That's right - it's our dear friends at Inspire Living.

Key features:
                            • Up and coming Area (the area is so run down that the only way left is up)
                            • Plenty of potential (for a masochist with a bottomless pocket and a tanker full of bleach)
                            • Versatile Unit (might make a suitable brothel)
                            • Parking (in the street outside or nearby where another property fell down)
                            • One Bedroom apartment Above (squalid, cramped living accommodation)

Comment

Originally posted by debtdispute View Post
                              It has come to my attention (just got a text message from my friend who moved into the property after us) That my friend is taking them to the small claims court for not repaying their deposit when they moved out.

So your friend occupied the property from July 2011 onwards? Which is the period the SD says you were still tenants.....
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

How did they serve the Stat Demand on your elderly Guarantor?

By post? Which class?

Did they try to serve it personally first?
                                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X