• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default and Compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default and Compensation

Hello, I recently had a issue with the Nationwide Bank.

I had account over a year ago, of which I was no longer using. I had cancelled a standing order however the bank still attempted to send payment and charged me for going overdrawn.

I called into the branch and the clerk spoke with the manager. They agreed to the error and to waive the charges. They stated they would arrange to close my account down and to hand in my card that day and to sign to confirm I had done so.

I assumed was all ok until one month later I received statement with further charges on it. Again I called in the branch and was informed was an error and would arrange to have fees waived.

I thought that was that and I started a new job working away 6 months down the line I returned back to the area and moved into a friends house.
    I was to start a new job in my area so would look to rent a house in that area.

I found a house I liked the look of within walking distance to work and arranged to go through a credit check.
    However I failed, and was slightly confused as to why.
    I ordered a copy of my credit file, to find It was reporting I was in 6 months arrears on my current account with the nationwide. So I was unable to get a property and have been forced to pay £80.00 a month bus travel a month for the past 2 months whilst I try and get issue with credit file sorted.

I called them and they would not help over the phone. So I wrote a letter to head office and heard nothing back. I then wrote to the branch office and again heard nothing back. I then wrote a further letter to the branch and I placed in the letter box myself on the way to work leaving my telephone number on the bottom of the letter.

I received a call from the manager over the weekend and was told it was their fault, the previous manager had left so does not know why the charges were never waived etc.

They stated credit file would be updated, however this could take 6 weeks and they will also clear the £234 charges; however they then stated they would pay me compensation, and asked how much I would like. I stated I would leave up to them to decide of which they said would speak with the complaints team on Monday and see what they can get and get back to me

Today the manager called and head office stated that they would not offer me any compensation due to correcting the error and my credit file. The manager said they argued with them that it has affected me financially etc. They said they would move the complaint on and someone from Head Office would contact me within 5 working days.

Any advise on what to say and how to go about this would be great.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X