• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

your Mums Know Best recipie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your Mums Know Best recipie.

Hairy Bikers have done Mums Know best (what about the single dads that's what I say) which got me thinking.

If Si and Dave came calling what would you make?

One of mine would be Oxtail Stew

Oxtail Stew

You will need
    Oxtail (duh)
    Salt
    Celery
    Leeks
    Carrot
    Parsnips
    Potatoes
    Stock pot (knoor)
    Pepper (black and white)
    Chilli flakes
    Cumin
    Onions
    In a good knob of butter fry off your onion first, then add your celery and carrots and begin to soften. Add in your stock pot and oxtail, sprinkle about a cap full of chilli flakes, a good grind of black pepper and some salt to taste, stir and then cover with water.
    Cover and Allow to cook on a medium heat for about an hour, checking the water, then add your parsnips and leeks, cover and leave for about another hour, checking the water every half hour or so. Add another stock pot salt and more pepper to taste and a good few spoons of cumin. Add your potatoes and leave for about 45mins. Serve.

The longer you cook it, the better it tastes!!
    Tags: None

Re: your Mums Know Best recipie.

My much lamented darling Duchess (as the Inca Muv was known) had the very best solution to all culinary delights and kept her chicks well fed......she taught us all to cook young,,or rather she taught us how NOT to cook,,and we did the opposite of everything she did.....bless her cotton socks,she was a great 'basic' cook,but unless it half a pound of Saxa salt in and needed to be drowned in lard,it wasn't Lilly's.
    Y'all know my trade was cheffing,,so good ole Aunty Incs has taught copious nieces,nephews,cousins etc how NOT to poison people (unless intentionally).

Comment

Re: your Mums Know Best recipie.

Nice big greasy spoon cafe fry up heaven on a plate

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X