• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax denies ppi attached to credit card before taken over by MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax denies ppi attached to credit card before taken over by MBNA

Legal Beagles advice is what I have been successfully relying on for my many PPI claims. I can proudly say thanks to your forums I succeeded in getting back funds I never ever knew I was entitled to as unfair earnings to financial sources.

Let me get staright to the point. I'll be very brief as I find some threads too long to read and congartulate the Legal Beagles team for putting up with all of the reading requirement. Halifax have been proving to be a truly hard core drive.

I had a credit card with Halifax many years ago, at least dating from the mid 90's. They were then taken over by Mbna in 2006. I wrote to MBNA with my claim. They wrote back saying that they never sold me the initial PPI as they took over from the Halifax but as a gesture of good will they will be calculating what I am due in refund from the time of the transfer. They also state in their correspondence that they have forwarded my claim to Halifax for the pre-transfer period. Halifax wrote back in response claiming they conducted their investigation and I had no PPI on that credit card pre MBNA days.

I found many open ended queries that should be directed to Halifax. I called Halifax and asked how they deduced I had no PPI attached to their credit card when the takeover card company MBNA confirmed in their decent and professional reply to uphold my claim since their take over, that Halifax should deal with preceding period. I got pretty generic uninformed replies from the Halifax. I requested today from HBOS by phone a copy of all documents the Halifax hold on me which influenced them to reach their decision that I had no PPI attached to the crad pre MBNA.

I am truly willing to accept that perhaps they are right and my memory which recalls I paid them PPI premiums every month on my statements is perhaps hazy, but MBNA's reply to me consolidated I may be right. Nevertheless, I want to give Halifax the benefit of the doubt.

My request for valuable advise from the indispensable Legal Beagles Pros, should I request Halifax to send me a DSAR to see how they concluded no PPI was attached to the credit card? The FOS said to call them first, which I did today and the customer service employee from call centre in India, bless her as she was very sweet, had to keep putting me on hold whilst she checked with someone. Finally said I need not pay anything and they will post me all the documentation to support how the decision was reached. I really have my doubts.

I need your expert advise as I have no clue what to write in my SAR letter plus I have already lodged another complaint against the Halifax with FOS regarding another credit card PPI that they did not uphold.

And here I am claiming to be brief!!! Sorry forum lggers, perhaps this can be of help to you.
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax denies ppi attached to credit card before taken over by MBNA

Originally posted by lailadebs View Post
    I am truly willing to accept that perhaps they are right and my memory which recalls I paid them PPI premiums every month on my statements is perhaps hazy, but MBNA's reply to me consolidated I may be right. Nevertheless, I want to give Halifax the benefit of the doubt.

My request for valuable advise from the indispensable Legal Beagles Pros, should I request Halifax to send me a DSAR to see how they concluded no PPI was attached to the credit card? The FOS said to call them first, which I did today and the customer service employee from call centre in India, bless her as she was very sweet, had to keep putting me on hold whilst she checked with someone. Finally said I need not pay anything and they will post me all the documentation to support how the decision was reached. I really have my doubts.

I need your expert advise as I have no clue what to write in my SAR letter plus I have already lodged another complaint against the Halifax with FOS regarding another credit card PPI that they did not uphold.

And here I am claiming to be brief!!! Sorry forum lggers, perhaps this can be of help to you.
    A SAR should get you copies of statements required to establish if PPI was being paid. Send a cheque or PO for £10 and send recorded delivery so you can track it on the Royal Mail site.
    Dear Sirs
    Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX
    Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998
    Please supply me with a copy of all information your company hold on me including a list of accounts and details of payments along with copies of statements.

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which relates to me and am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Act, including (but not exhaustively) a copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or printouts of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memos, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails; any other information held on all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included). If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge, and the Term or Condition on which you rely upon to claim such a charge. I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a true copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by you about myself. You have 40 days in which to comply with this request.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Re: Halifax denies ppi attached to credit card before taken over by MBNA

Thanks Flaming Parrot, i posted my request to Halifax for an SAR and will keep you posted on the outcome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X