• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Edf nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edf nightmare

Hi
    i moved into my new house in 2009 and it was on a prepay key meter, i asked for it to be removed and they refused ( i had no debt or former debt ) anyway in february 2012 they did change it for a credit meter and i signed up for dual fuel and set up a direct debit, i always paid my direct debit no problems. then in october 2012, i had a knock at the door from a "Scruffy looking fat man in normal cloths and a banger P reg car telling me he is a meter reader and would like to read the meter i asked him for id, he handed me a half printed sheet of paper with EON on i said im not with EON but EDF he said i deal with them aswell, anyway against better judgment i let him in, once in he read the meter and wrote the number on the back of a note pad, he then informed me he is a debt collecter and i need to pay my electricity bill or they will be trouble he then proceeded to abuse me in my home infront of my children swearing calling me a vile names and said ive got kids and raking in benifits "in which im not",he said hes not going untill i give him money. i then rang my partner up and told him to come straight home i had him on the phone while this fat man verbally abused me so he heard everything " what the F**k is he going to do he said" my partner said tell him im calling the police which my partner did from a land line and kept me on his mobile so he could he what was going on ( i was scared to death) the fat man then made off in his P reg banger micra wheel spinning and everything before the police came, the police came and asked us what had gone on we explained the man posed as a meter reader then abused me, i had his car reg and everything and the piece of paper he left with EON on and his mobile number which didnt exist the police found this man miles away and HE was a debt collector on behalf of EON AND EDF ,

within 2 hours of this EDF called me on my mobile and informed me that the police had called them and said there was a disturbance with one of there collectors and wanted to know what had gone on , again i explained what had happened and asked why i owed money when i pay direct debit and never had a bill they then told me

1. that i owed over £800 in electricity and the direct debit was for gas only
    2. and this terrible fat man should never ever of did what he had they dont operate that way and apologised and said dont make any payments on the electricity untill this serious matter is delt with!

then in december i received another electricity bill saying i owe them £1300. i again called up and explained the situation they wernt interested and wanted a payment which i did of £240 and now in february 2013 i received another bill for £1800

i again called them up and they said i need to pay, atleast 50% i said i cant in no way pay that, i opted for a key meter but as its nearly 8ft high they cant so they tell me there is a court hearing in march for a court order to come and remove my meter and cut me off i offered them an extra £40 a month they said no, . i have 3 young children what can i do?

thanks for any help lesley
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X