• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unhappy with tesco, how to make a complaint please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy with tesco, how to make a complaint please?

Can someone please tell me the best department to make a complaint to about harrasment please? A brief summary of my problems are I use a tesco express quite frequently. A couple of weeks ago I popped in to see if they had a tub of sour cream. They didn't so I left the store. The security guard followed me out and asked me to undo my jacket. I obliged without much fuss although I was a little put out. No appoligy. Since then the security guard has been following me around the store and checking my items when I use the self service. Today I go into the store with my clubcard vouchers I printed from online. I am then excused of using fake vouchers that I have photocopied in front of a busy and impatient group of shoppers. I tell them that I printed them from the clubcard website and they don't believe me. The vouchers are then taken out the back of the store for "checking". Another man then comes over and gives me a half hearted appoligy and let's me use the vouchers. I ask the original man for an appoligy and he states he is just doing his job. I have already decided I am no longer going to use the store but like I say I need to know the best way and to whom I should complaiN as I am really piddled off wit these massive companies takIng the mick. Ta x
    Tags: None

Re: Unhappy with tesco, how to make a complaint please?

What these two morons have done could amount to Causing Intentional Alarm, Distress or Harassment under the Public Order Act 1986. You would be best pursuing the matter directly with the CEO of Tescos. Expect Tesco to try and fob you off with a giftcard, but you do need to make it clear that if Tesco employees behave in that manner, then Tesco should not be surprised if the customer affected calls the police. Also, remind the CEO of Tesco that he and his managers are 100% vicariously-liable for the actions of Tesco employees and those working for other companies who are under contract to Tesco, which includes security personnel. Also, security personnel do not have any right in law whatsoever to search you person or bags. They may try the "We have a Common Law right," excuse, but no such right has ever been identified.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I sympathise with you i would have in the first incident have demanded the security guard calls the manager and the police and i would have asked if he was accusing me of stealing then not returned to the store but complained right to the top of tescos management i have several times said to these secuity guards out very loud do ypu think im gonna nick something they soon run if they spent as much time and effort on catchng those who regyrly steal they can then approach me but then thats how i react,as for photocopying vouchers i think you could only use vouchers once and with your clubcard no one elses so what could you be doing wrong.

Comment

I emailed the CEO but I have had no reply. Not even an automated message. I understand that he must be very busy. How long do you think I should wait before I email again?

Comment

I had cause to complain to Tesco twice recently. The first time they were very good; the second time was more serious as they thought they could potentially be sued, and were very cautious. After some pushing they did respond satisfactorily.

Both times I'd heard back from the CEO within 24 hours.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X