• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Right to Confidentiality At Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right to Confidentiality At Work

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
    No - definitely not that interested. I have tried to help you on a couple of threads, but I think that the pot is calling the kettle black. I am not the one calling people liars and cowboys and goodness knows what you call them in the salmon fishing streams.
    Aye, whatever. You were the one who veered off into personal abuse. "Paranoia"

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Salmon man
      You got problems you do not need to be rude on this forum people need to understand your problem to be able to help
      Harsh, but I've already described my condition.

Comment

Please forgive me posting this, as it is not intended to be personal, purely a reflection on what I can summise from this post.

Your state, "I suffer Bi Polar Affective Disorder, and that for the past ten years I have self managed without the side effects of medication." I have to wonder, from some of the behaviours mentioned above whether you are managing the condition quite as well as you think?

Of more significance, you state you are a professional van driver, and further, " I had up until then not told my boss that I had this condition, as it did not affect my work." This really concerns me, as Bi Polar Affective Disorder is deemed a psychiatric disorder which must be notified to the DVLA if you intend to drive. Given you drive for a living, I am very surprised your employer has had nothing to say about this, as not only could their insurance be affected, if you were to have an accident and your condition came to light, you might find your insurance is negated completely.

If you have not already done so, being a professional van driver, I would urge you to do the professional thing and bring this to the attention of your employers, whose insurance you may be putting at risk.

It certainly means that your condition does, potentially, affect your work, especially if it is self managed.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Please forgive me posting this, as it is not intended to be personal, purely a reflection on what I can summise from this post.

Your state, "I suffer Bi Polar Affective Disorder, and that for the past ten years I have self managed without the side effects of medication." I have to wonder, from some of the behaviours mentioned above whether you are managing the condition quite as well as you think?

Of more significance, you state you are a professional van driver, and further, " I had up until then not told my boss that I had this condition, as it did not affect my work." This really concerns me, as Bi Polar Affective Disorder is deemed a psychiatric disorder which must be notified to the DVLA if you intend to drive. Given you drive for a living, I am very surprised your employer has had nothing to say about this, as not only could their insurance be affected, if you were to have an accident and your condition came to light, you might find your insurance is negated completely.

If you have not already done so, being a professional van driver, I would urge you to do the professional thing and bring this to the attention of your employers, whose insurance you may be putting at risk.

It certainly means that your condition does, potentially, affect your work, especially if it is self managed.
          The DVLA are up to speed. I have not had an episode of mania in years, and avoid the triggers. I am considered less of a risk than those on meds.

Comment

Which behaviours have you recognised from my posts that suggest anything about Bi Polar Affective Disorder?

This is quickly degenerating into something way over personal.

Comment

I did consider asking about this point in my previous response - I am not fully familiar with the laws around driving licenses and various health issues, but I would be concerned that mental health problems were not even considered in such professions, as any serious physical disability would be. You are clearly more cognisant with the law relating to mental health issues. Failure to disclose a relevant condition would, of course, be a dismissable offence. If, as you say, it should be disclosed to the DVLA, then the offence lies with the OP who has not done so, and may be driving without a valid licence.

Comment

I did consider asking about this point in my previous response - I am not fully familiar with the laws around driving licenses and various health issues, but I would be concerned that mental health problems were not even considered in such professions, as any serious physical disability would be. You are clearly more cognisant with the law relating to mental health issues. Failure to disclose a relevant condition would, of course, be a dismissable offence. If, as you say, it should be disclosed to the DVLA, then the offence lies with the OP who has not done so, and may be driving without a valid licence.
                Jesus christ. Read before posting please.

Comment

Originally posted by Salmon Man View Post

No. people are asking legitimate questions about things you have said. You are making this personal by refusing to even consider, objectively, whether such queries may have a valid point. You are very capable of listening to advice when it says something that you want to hear - you need to be able to balance that with advice that may be eqiually or more valid that you may not want to hear.

Comment

No. people are asking legitimate questions about things you have said. You are making this personal by refusing to even consider, objectively, whether such queries may have a valid point. You are very capable of listening to advice when it says something that you want to hear - you need to be able to balance that with advice that may be eqiually or more valid that you may not want to hear.
                    What has this got to do with the points raised and the advice sought in my posts?

Comment

Jesus christ. Read before posting please.
                      I'm out. This was uncalled for an I am capable of reading thank you - something you seem not to be unless it is what you want to hear.

Comment

I'm out. This was uncalled for an I am capable of reading thank you - something you seem not to be unless it is what you want to hear.
                        No, what happened is you posted that after I had answered the question. I didn't say you werent capable of reading, but I suggested you hadn't done so.

Comment

I am considered less of a risk than those on meds.
                          By whom?

Which behaviours have you recognised from my posts that suggest anything about Bi Polar Affective Disorder?

I tried very hard not to make my post personal, but an observation from all that had gone before on this thread which brought to the fore a genuine concern for your safety, the safety of others and the risk to which you are potentially exposing yourself and others having not told your employer, and thus their insurers of your condition. Sometimes, that is valid, even if it errs a little from the question asked. It was in no way judgmental of you suffering the condition.

What has this got to do with the points raised and the advice sought in my posts?
                          It has a lot to do with you driving a van around for, say, eight hours a day potentially uninsured - that was a point raised. As for the advice sought in your post, I hesitate to answer that as I am acutely aware of the danger of bringing to the fore psychiatric conditions on open forum. I am not avoiding answering your question, but I could not do so without going beyond what I consider a 'reasonable' line, which would stray from stated fact to generalisations about your illness. I'm not prepared to do this, and I make no apologies to anyone who might be interested in what I would have said for keeping my mouth firmly shut.

Comment

By whom?

I tried very hard not to make my post personal, but an observation from all that had gone before on this thread which brought to the fore a genuine concern for your safety, the safety of others and the risk to which you are potentially exposing yourself and others having not told your employer, and thus their insurers of your condition. Sometimes, that is valid, even if it errs a little from the question asked. It was in no way judgmental of you suffering the condition.

It has a lot to do with you driving a van around for, say, eight hours a day potentially uninsured - that was a point raised. As for the advice sought in your post, I hesitate to answer that as I am acutely aware of the danger of bringing to the fore psychiatric conditions on open forum. I am not avoiding answering your question, but I could not do so without going beyond what I consider a 'reasonable' line, which would stray from stated fact to generalisations about your illness. I'm not prepared to do this, and I make no apologies to anyone who might be interested in what I would have said for keeping my mouth firmly shut.
                            Is me driving a van what I asked about?

Jeesht this is bordering on bullying now.

I think I'll take my questions elsewhere. It's clear there's some sort of agenda towards me going on.

Comment

Is me driving a van what I asked about?

Jeesht this is bordering on bullying now.

I think I'll take my questions elsewhere. It's clear there's some sort of agenda towards me going on.
                              These comments only serve to reinforce my belief that I was right to make the statements in my last two sentences:

I am not avoiding answering your question, but I could not do so without going beyond what I consider a 'reasonable' line, which would stray from stated fact to generalisations about your illness. I'm not prepared to do this, and I make no apologies to anyone who might be interested in what I would have said for keeping my mouth firmly shut.

Comment

These comments only serve to reinforce my belief that I was right to make the statements in my last two sentences:

I am not avoiding answering your question, but I could not do so without going beyond what I consider a 'reasonable' line, which would stray from stated fact to generalisations about your illness. I'm not prepared to do this, and I make no apologies to anyone who might be interested in what I would have said for keeping my mouth firmly shut.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X