• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance Issues

Thanks Cel!
    Knew I had seen in somewhere!
    old age!!
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

OK so i sent a letter recorded delivery, with a photocopy of birth certificate as WELCOME requested and a £1 postal order to cover the cost of the CCA, i have now received another letter from WELCOME:

Thank you for your letter requesting a credit agreement and statement of account.

I am unable to verify the identity based on the information that you have provided, as this is the case i will need a copy of one of the following:
      Passport (photo page and visa page if non uk)
      Driving licence (photo card and paper part)
      firearms certificate

unfortunately at this time due to the above we are not able to process your request, please find enclosed your payment. please return your payment with the information we have requested, we will open this case and respond within the appropriate time frame.

could someone please help as i am getting to my wits end with this company, they just seem to be delaying all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat kay View Post
        OK so i sent a letter recorded delivery, with a photocopy of birth certificate as WELCOME requested and a £1 postal order to cover the cost of the CCA, i have now received another letter from WELCOME:

Thank you for your letter requesting a credit agreement and statement of account.

I am unable to verify the identity based on the information that you have provided, as this is the case i will need a copy of one of the following:
        Passport (photo page and visa page if non uk)
        Driving licence (photo card and paper part)
        firearms certificate

unfortunately at this time due to the above we are not able to process your request, please find enclosed your payment. please return your payment with the information we have requested, we will open this case and respond within the appropriate time frame.

could someone please help as i am getting to my wits end with this company, they just seem to be delaying all the time.
        It may well be that something in the records show that the loan agreement is unenforceable so they will not send it to you which means they cannot use it in court either so I would write back and say, "I have communicated with you previously at the address you have and I have provided a copy of my birth certificate to verify my identity and as such until you provide me with the information I requested in a SAR, dated"-------", I am no longer going to respond or acknowledge any calls or correspondence from you to me"....Then take a look at the paperwork you do have. On the original loan agreement is there any PPI? On the new loan agreement, if you have a copy, is there any PPI? Is the total of the new loan enough to pay the original loan and the PPI combined?

Comment

Hi,

I am new here an would appreciate some advice regarding Welcome.

Once they have listed a default on my £3,500 loan can they continue to add interest - They are saying my balance is around £10k.

The default was registered in 2008 - what should I do?

Send them a SAR for the full statement or just ride it out until it becomes statute barred?

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
            It may well be that something in the records show that the loan agreement is unenforceable so they will not send it to you which means they cannot use it in court either so I would write back and say, "I have communicated with you previously at the address you have and I have provided a copy of my birth certificate to verify my identity and as such until you provide me with the information I requested in a SAR, dated"-------", I am no longer going to respond or acknowledge any calls or correspondence from you to me"....Then take a look at the paperwork you do have. On the original loan agreement is there any PPI? On the new loan agreement, if you have a copy, is there any PPI? Is the total of the new loan enough to pay the original loan and the PPI combined?

Thanks Ian, do i wait for the SAR or do i put the account into dispute as they have failed to provide me with the information i have requested ?

Comment

Submit a new SAR and then sit back and wait!

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
                Submit a new SAR and then sit back and wait!

OK here is copy of the letter that i have drafted to send back to welcome:

Dear Sir / Madame

In response to your letter dated 13th march, may I point out that you have communicated with me previously at the above address without the need for proof of identification and that I have provided a copy of my birth certificate to verify my identity, as you yourselves stated in your previous letter was a acceptable proof of identification, however as a gesture of goodwill, I have enclosed a photocopy of my passport, I have blanked out the picture and signature as all the details you need are printed onto the passport itself, I now believe that I have complied with all your requests and as such I request a true copy of any agreements that are held in my name as required under section 77 of the Consumer credit act.

I also require an up-to date statement of account as required under section 77a of the Consumer credit act, I enclose the statutory fee of £1.

May I also remind you that I sent a formal subject access request for information under section 7 of the Data Protection Act, including the maximum fee of £10 on 26/02/2013.

You will be aware that under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have an obligation to comply fully with my request within 40 days.

May I please remind you that all communication from your company should be via letters as I am not prepared to discuss this matter over the phone.

Thank you

Comment

That looks fine!
                  Lets see what they come up with.

Comment

I used to work for Welcome before it went belly up . Look on your statement for charges , particularly telephone charges. It used to be that each account manager had to generate a certain value of charges against their account portfolio. worse than that the charges values was one ofthe factors taken into account when caculating the monthly bonus. What you had done was what called a presumptive rewrite . These were used to help customers maintain a clean credit rating by rewriting the account at a lower interest rate usually 1% per month and rolling up all the charges and PPi . The rewritten accounts has IIRC had no PPi . Most of it was pretty useless but there were some payouts .
                    Once an account has fallen into arrears it used to be that the account would passed to collections the account defaulted and the interest and charges frozen . What you have had sounds like a standard letter from the head office staff rather than from a local office . Is there a local office . ? If you go into the branch with ID they should be able to give yoou a siebel print off with the account transactions on .
                    Last edited by seduraed; 17th March 2013, 17:37:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                      I used to work for Welcome before it went belly up . Look on your statement for charges , particularly telephone charges. It used to be that each account manager had to generate a certain value of charges against their account portfolio. worse than that the charges values was one ofthe factors taken into account when caculating the monthly bonus. What you had done was what called a presumptive rewrite . These were used to help customers maintain a clean credit rating by rewriting the account at a lower interest rate usually 1% per month and rolling up all the charges and PPi . The rewritten accounts has IIRC had no PPi . Most of it was pretty useless but there were some payouts .
                      Once an account has fallen into arrears it used to be that the account would passed to collections the account defaulted and the interest and charges frozen . What you have had sounds like a standard letter from the head office staff rather than from a local office . Is there a local office . ? If you go into the branch with ID they should be able to give yoou a siebel print off with the account transactions on .
                      Hi Seduraed,

There is no local office around here anymore as WELCOME closed most of them, if as you say WELCOME did a
                      presumptive rewrite, why was i not told about this, and would I have had to re-sign as they have effectively re-financed ?

Comment

At the time assumptive rewrites were done it was thoughtthat the they could be justified via teh terms and conditions but this practice was later stopped . I think the assumptive rewrite may be the reason that they are not wanting to send details of thecontract . I think these are regulated afgreemants so a Section 78 request may be appropriate .

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat kay View Post
                          Hi Seduraed,

There is no local office around here anymore as WELCOME closed most of them, if as you say WELCOME did a
                          presumptive rewrite, why was i not told about this, and would I have had to re-sign as they have effectively re-financed ?
                          Our office closed as well. Posted earlier that the "statements" we had the last two years were from Nottingham one with a "branch number" on it the other with Mackenzie Hall Collect on in! They "refinancied"allegerdly back in 2003, before we moved and have never come up with anything for this address or that loan number!

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                            At the time assumptive rewrites were done it was thoughtthat the they could be justified via teh terms and conditions but this practice was later stopped . I think the assumptive rewrite may be the reason that they are not wanting to send details of thecontract . I think these are regulated afgreemants so a Section 78 request may be appropriate .
                            So if a assumptive rewrite was done, would that be legal and binding ?

I think WELCOME have about 17 more days before the SAR request is up and i put the account into dispute, all this because i asked for a early settlement figure so i could sell the car, if the account manager had not told me about the second account, i would have just paid and been non the wiser.

Comment

also check the second account very carefully , it is possible that it is a personal loan not an hp account thus I think releasing the charge Welcome hae over the car . As to whether the asssumptivve rewrite is enforcable I honestly dont know but lots of Welcome's agreemetns aren't

Comment

Never had anything for the alleged second account apart for and unsigned undated "copy" which still has old address on it AND no loan number which they say it did not have to have. check and double check!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X