• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance Issues

Hi this is my first post so here is a brief outline:

In 2005 I had a car from welcome car finance the repayments were £216pm, the total cost of the finance with interest was approx £10,000. After paying approx £5000 I had to finish work due to my bipolar, I phoned WELCOME and informed them that I had finished work and that I could no longer afford the £216pm, they offered to drop the payments to £100pm which I accepted. About a year ago I asked WELCOME what my balance was and they told me I still owed £6000, this sounded like to much to owe so I asked them on 4 separate occasions for a statement of payments made, nothing ever came from them so I stopped the payments for a few months which i now know was not the right thing to do.

On Thursday a account manager from WELCOME phoned me to see why I has stopped the payments, when I told him the reason he asked me if I had sent the £10 fee for the statement, i explained that no-one had told me i needed to pay £10, he also asked me on which of my accounts i wanted the statement, i told him i only had one account and he informed me that when i dropped the payments the original account was closed and a new one opened to clear the original debt and account for the reduced payments.

Now i'm not the brightest of people but this sounds like re-financing to me for which they would surely have needed me to sign a new agreement, which i haven't by the way, hopefully someone can help forward with this matter.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance Issues

An update on this:

I sent the SAR of last week with the £10 PO by recorded delivery, I made my payment of £120 to welcome on saturday of last week, today i get home to a letter from WELCOME saying that my Agreement has now been terminated and action to recover the goods/outstanding balance can now commence.
    WELCOME then go on to say "There are facillities that we can offer to provide you with significant benefits in reducing your debt,such as interest rate reduction on the basis that you resume mutally acceptable payment arrangement"

Comment

Hi I was wondering if I should reply to the letter stating that my account has been closed or should I wait for the SAR

Comment

This is typical Welcome. Never send statements and keep adding charges and 'fees' onto the account. Then when you realise that you still owe a fortune, they offer you a new deal with a lower rate and more you can borrow. That's how they try to trap you into a spiral.

Write to them and inform them that as they failed to send you statements on 4 occasions when you asked, you have now formally requested these under a SAR. Until you receive the data you will not be in a position to respond further and will contact them later. Send it recorded - like all letters - so you have proof of delivery.

I'm guessing that you only requested the statements over the phone, and if so that illustrates why you need to get proof in writing. Never trust Welcome.
        Last edited by Kafka; 23rd February 2013, 18:56:PM.

Comment

Kafka, is it me or have Welcome and the various DCAS they are using "woken up" lately, how much longer can they continue with this it must be over a year since they ceased to "lend". The work of fiction I just got from them is laughable.
          Mackenzie Hall wrote over a month ago using the usual threats.But all quite lately!
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Well it was tough for Cattles when it all went tits up. Their CE was an odious figure who used to post vitriolic stuff about debtors who lived it up while swindling their creditors by refusing to pay debts. Then when it all came out, his own directors had been milking the firm and were suspended. Soon after they ceased issuing new loans. I did laff msl:

Comment

The data from Welcome for a SAR is always most interesting and they panic when they have to comply with one.

Comment

UPDATE

Received a letter from WELCOME today saying as follows:

Dear sirs (even though it is addressed to Miss Clark)
                RE: subject access request

Thanks you for your letter received on 21st February requesting a subject access request under the data protection act 1998.

We acknowledge receipt of the £10 statutory processing fee.

Furthermore I am unable to verify your clients identity based on the information that you have provided. As this is the case I will need copies of one of the following:

Passport (photo page)
                Driving license (both parts)
                Birth certificate
                Marriage certificate
                Firearms certificate

Do not send original documentation as we will not be able to return these to you.

Please provide the required information and on receipt, we will open this case and respond to you within the appropriate regulatory time frame.

Yours faithfully

Customer relations.

So do i send them what they required and if so which would be best to send as i dont trust WELCOME one bit.

Comment

I am sure somewhere on another thread the advice was to reply on the lines of " this address and contact has proved satisfactory in the past" or something like that, is that right any one else?

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                    I am sure somewhere on another thread the advice was to reply on the lines of " this address and contact has proved satisfactory in the past" or something like that, is that right any one else?
                    Do you happen to know where i could find the letter template ?

Comment

i am sure there is something on those lines on Curly Bens thread, will look and post up the link!

Comment

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Sorry, jut cannot remeber where I saw it have pm one of admin to have a look for you
                          xx

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ed-loan-issues

On page 3 of that thread Kafka stated that if they are happy to chase the debt at your address then they do not need proof of identity.

There's no letter template though.

Comment

This letter arrived at the same address they have always communicated with you?

If so, then they are just time wasting to extend the 40 day limit.

Here is the thread on how to enforce a DPA xx
                              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X