• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Residential consumer Taken to court by commercial gas supplier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Residential consumer Taken to court by commercial gas supplier

OK - that's a shame. As you know I've pm'd someone to ask if they can look at this. They may or may not be able to give you a better way forward.

It is very hard to understand how they can take you to court for not paying a bill for commercially supplied gas to a domestic property. I think you may well need some professional legal advice to untangle this one, as clearly you must have a case. It's how best to present it, and exactly what legal argument you have that needs establishing. Sadly I can't do that. Others here may be able to hopefully! :beagle::beagle:

Comment

It's a tough one because I'm working mainly in the dark on this once a claim is at the AQ stage is it too late to do a SAR? Or is there even any point? If they didn't comply with the CPR31.14 POC request.
      Surely non compliance is the argument here, the gas supplier didnt comply with their obligation as per their inability to supply a domestic site, Their solicitors have not complied with our CPR, and then sent a patronising letter making clear that "they fully intend to proceed with this claim" are they trying to bully us into backing down, It's £2500 even if judgement was made in their favour it would surely be for a figure lower than that... But it's still a CCJ and we want to avoid that.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Okay I've sent in the allocation questionnaire. Now, it will be allocated to small claims track presumably. Is it too late to do a SAR as it's hard to work out how much gas he owes unless we know whether the meter was metric or imperial (presumably metric) and Its hard to build any sort of defence without having all the facts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X