• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capitol one fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol one fraud

I was chased in 2007 for £790 by Capitol One, went to the police told them the story got a crime number and wrote to them, asking them to amend there records etc,etc and update my credit file.

they sold the debt to Lowel, who i sent the same letter too, and again no action, but they put a note on my credit file along with a firm called Euro Direct linking my address they are part of the same group i beleif

In the meantime had loads of letters and various offers and discounts to settle

My credit file is starting to clear up now, and want to remove it from my file, i can 100% gaurantee that this is fraudulant.

I would like to take them to task, and would welcome any advice
    Last edited by CHUNKY007; 16th February 2013, 23:36:PM. Reason: WRONG DATE
    Tags: None

Re: Capitol one fraud

If the debt is not attributable to you and you are not liable to pay it, then Lowells have no right to pursue it and no right to place any form of detrimental entry on your credit file.

It looks likely that you will need to go back to the police and report this, quoting the original crime reference number and obtain a new crime reference number for Lowells' involvement. Also, it would be a good idea to report this to OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards. The offers and discounts Lowells keep offering you indicates that they, themselves, know the debt is unenforceable.

I am attaching a document to this post that takes you through the process of reporting the matter to OFT Credit Fitness Team. I am also attaching an up-to-date copy of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. Read through these, note violations and list them in your report to OFT.

You may also wish to contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) about the entries on your Credit File.

If you are being subjected to harassment by Lowells, there is a legal provision that can be used to legally-restrain them. However, it should only be used as a last resort.
    Attached Files
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X