• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Lowells, Statutory demand issued (Ex Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells, Statutory demand issued (Ex Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley)

As soon as they hear Cel's footsteps, the Lowlifes rush back underneath their stone! :rip:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Comment

A big thank you to those that helped especially Kate.

It's a relief but was worth fighting it. How many poor souls are there who just pay up when they don't need to. I think its about time the OFT did something about these companies. OFT are becoming more and more unfit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by roygoodbeat View Post
        A big thank you to those that helped especially Kate. It's a relief but was worth fighting it.
        We've not been told the outcome yet but there's a rumour going round that Lowells caved in :gossip:

Please tell me this is true

Comment

Have Lowells have had another run in with our mighty Kate and come off worse yet again?

I guess Kate is off Lowell's Christmas card list.....

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain View Post
            Have Lowells have had another run in with our mighty Kate and come off worse yet again?.
            So it seems. We're waiting for a news update with all the gory details from Cel :ranger:

Comment

Originally posted by roygoodbeat View Post
              A big thank you to those that helped especially Kate.

It's a relief but was worth fighting it. How many poor souls are there who just pay up when they don't need to. I think its about time the OFT did something about these companies. OFT are becoming more and more unfit for purpose.
              Indeed, they are the Office of Faffing and Twaddle as Clever Clogs no doubt will say! :lol:

What is the purpose of having regulators if they don't do anything, may be an idea to start some kind of "super complaint" against Lowell, by getting together a number of cases where they've issued SDs as a way to circumvent the legal process required to obtain a CCJ or simply to scare people into paying what they can't afford! :rant: :rant: :rant:

We're all waiting for the Official Announcement... :horn::horn::horn:

opcorn: opcorn: opcorn:

Comment

After ignoring their disclosure deadline of 22nd April, I emailed them to ask where it was last week.

Yesterday, they made contact to say that they agree to our application to set aside the statutory demand.

Costs are still to be agreed and the consent order hasn't been signed yet, but it means RoryGB will not have to go back to court next week to battle them any further.

Very pleased with this result, RoryGB is a lovely chap who's been through a lot, so I was very pleased to remove this latest stress from his shoulders.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                  After ignoring their disclosure deadline of 22nd April, I emailed them to ask where it was last week.

Yesterday, they made contact to say that they agree to our application to set aside the statutory demand.

Costs are still to be agreed and the consent order hasn't been signed yet, but it means RoryGB will not have to go back to court next week to battle them any further.

Very pleased with this result, RoryGB is a lovely chap who's been through a lot, so I was very pleased to remove this latest stress from his shoulders.
                  Cel strikes again!

She's getting to be quite well known in Leeds Losers HQ!

Let's hope the co$t$ in this case are also "more or less the amount of the alleged debt"!

That should teach them!

Comment

Yesterday, they made contact to say that they agree to our application to set aside the statutory demand. .
                    You make it sound so easy but we all know Lowells are a tough nut to crack. This is a time for celebration not modesty :dance:

No doubt each time you phone Lowells the paralegal puts their hand over the phone and cries "it's HER again" :rofl:

I'm so happy for Rory too obviously :high5:

Comment

It is only the threat of our costs that catches their attention. If I were a LIP, they would simply ignore me sadly.

They're only tough because they are dumb and stubborn. But at least they didnt bother trying to get my client to agree a repayment plan as they did with Fuzzy. I guess they're learning.....
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

So what was it that Barclaycard (MSDW) got wrong that Lowells didn't know about or didn't care about when serving Roy with a SD? Was it a bad DN or no evidence that there were any Ts & Cs "together" with the application form he signed?

I like Cel's amended signature :wink:

Comment

There were multiple s.78 and s.61 issues. Also the DN's were Mercers issued and utterly non-compliant.

In other words, their renta-local-lawyer would have actually had to do some work in court, so they decided to run away.

Comment

There were multiple s.78 and s.61 issues. Also the DN's were Mercers issued and utterly non-compliant.
                            Because only the creditor can issue the DN? Will Barclaycard ever learn :doh: Actually I hope they don't.

I've got one of these ancient Barclaycard/MSDW accounts recently sold to the litigious MKDP so I was following this thread closely. I know that no two cases are the same but it helps to get pointers from other success stories

Well done to Team Legal Beagles :beagle2222: :beagle2222: :beagle2222:

Comment

Re: WON!!! Lowells, Statutory demand issued (Ex Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley)

This thread has been enjoyed by VIPs whilst proceedings were ongoing. Now it is successfully concluded, we are happy to share it with regular members to show how Lowell can be beaten.

Comment

Re: WON!!! Lowells, Statutory demand issued (Ex Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley)

Just as an update, now started receiving demand letters from lowells. Usual mail outs saying they would give me a 50% discount.

Is there any milage with suing them for harressment and that they still have the default on my credit file?
                                Last edited by roygoodbeat; 23rd June 2015, 17:02:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X