• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Endowment problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endowment problem

We have an endowment which has just matured but on contacting the insurance company , L&G itappears to be that a loan was taken out against an endowment policy in 1999 at our old address , the policy was to have covered the mortgage on that property , but we had moved the previous year and had tenants in the property . We have subsequently sold the property in around 2007/8 . Around that time we received a letter from Northern Rock saying that we had an outstanding debt with them . we ignored the letter because we had never had any dealings with NR as our mortgage was with Nationwide , we actually thought it was a scam .
    The loan was also paid into an old unused bank account. It was also taken out in my maiden name , yet both the mortgage company and LG had been told 10years previously of our marriage and my change of name .

I spoke to L&G oN Friday and she sent me what they said was a copy of the original application , apparently the loan they gave was for £3500 and they are now saying that with the interest accrued on it , it amounts to £10000 + the worry is that the original application was sent to our old address in 1999 , and it looks like they paid the money into an old bank account of mine . The signatures on the application , whilst they are our names , are definateley not by our signatures . The other worry is that IF we had this loan , then why were we never contacted by L&G prior to 2008 asking for a payment , as they were taking the premiums for the endowment from OH bank account up until last week .

Does anyone know where we stand on this please ,
    Tags: None

Re: Endowment problem

Hello Fireline

Can't answer your question, I'm sorry, but if my signature had been forged on a financial document I would go straight to the police.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X