• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell chasing old HSBC debt..Please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell chasing old HSBC debt..Please help.

Hi Guys.

Just a quick question really. Have very limited info because of the age of the loan. I stupidly took out a completly un-neccesary unsecured loan from HSBC back roughly 8-9 years ago. When i was starting up a company. (business never got off the ground - pipe dreams n all that.) Any way i was never in a position to pay back the loan. The balance totaling £12k ended up on my credit file. As a default i also was given a CCJ. Anyway the years passed and i have NEVER acknowledged this debt. Eventually the default and the CCJ just dropped off. I have recently been contacted from Lowell regarding this old debt. I think it was when i contacted them regarding another debt of £500. Which they emailed me offering a 75% discount. They mentioned the HSBC debt which i refused to discuss. I have since started receiving letters regarding it.

Any idea where i stand with this?

Thanks Guys

Mike.
    Tags: None

Re: lowell chasing old HSBC debt..Please help.

CCJs drop off the records but don't go Statute Barred, however, if the creditor never took any steps to enforce the CCJ in all those years, they would have to go back to the court to enforce it and the court would take a dim view of such a negligent creditor. Who got the judgment against you, HSBC or Lowell?

Comment

Gotta b honest. Cant remember. Prob Hsbc. Although Red rings a bell

Comment

Red is part of the Lowell Group ---> http://www.lowell.co.uk/who-is-red-debt.aspx

Comment

Is there a way of finding out. who the ccj was with maybe a SAR to Lowell. If i was too SAR them will the info come from red aswell etc. In short what can/will they do.

Thanks

Mike.

Comment

This is the CCJ register, however, if it was recorded over 6 years ago it will have dropped off --> http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...d-the-register

For Lowell to be able to enforce the CCJ they will have to go back to the court, see this ---> http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...ing-judgments/
            Methods the court can use to enforce judgments include:
            • Attachment of earnings order Takes the money directly from your wages. The employer is forced by law to deduct money from your wages and pay it to the company that’s owed it.
            • Charging order What’s owed is taken from the sale of your house.
            • Third party debt order Freezes money held in, say, a bank account so it can be used to pay what is owed.
            • Warrant of execution This results in a court bailiff attempting to seize your goods to sell to pay the money.
            • Transfer to High Court This results in a High Court Enforcement Officer collecting the money or seizing your goods to sell to pay the money.

You may also receive an ‘order to obtain information’. This is an interview to discover information abut your financial situation – it’s part of the judgment enforcement process.
            But if they haven't attempted any of that all these years, they will have a hard time explaining why to the court!

If Lowell are chasing you then it's likely to have been themselves who obtained the CCJ. Being debt purchasers, you'd probably be wasting your money sending a SAR to them, because they wouldn't have much information on the account.

Comment

Thanks for that. Can they still action any of that now? Without going back to court. Also are they able to re-enter a default on my credit file.

Thanks again

Mike.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X