• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vanquis Harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquis Harassment

On a certain site "over the road", one of the regulars has been experiencing quite a bit of bother from Vanquis "Bank" and its rather unprofessional debt chasers. I neither know nor care how much he might owe them. I do know that they should not be calling him several times an hour, on both his landline and his mobile 'phone, for hours on end every day, especially when he has expressly asked them to contact him only by letter.

That, then, was the background to this conversation...

Originally posted by Chap_OTR
    Freecall
    88. 08000190537
    After some minutes on hold...

Vanquis Drone: Hello, you're through to Vanquis Bank. May I take your 16 digit number?

Caller: I don't have a number.

Drone: It's the number across the middle of your Vanquis card.

Caller: But that's not what you asked for. You asked for my number. I don't have a number.

Drone (getting a bit exasperated): OK, can you tell me the number across your Vanquis card?

Caller: No, I can't.

Drone: Have you lost your card, sir?

Caller: No, I've never had a Vanquis card. I don't want one, either!

Drone (thoroughly exasperated): Then how can I help you?

Caller: You can't do more than you already have. You see, though I don't have a card I know somehow who does and they have been deluged with dozens of calls from Vanquis every day, even though he has asked your company only to contact him by letter.

So I decided to call an 0800 number and waste some of your company's money on a non-productive phone call.

Have a nice day! <click - hangs up> msl:
    Tags: None

Re: Vanquis Harassment

I have received numerous application forms from Vanquis, could it be they search the CRAs for people with poor credit? Or is it just a coincidence?

Maybe I should fill them all out and get 5 shiny new Vanquis cards with a £500 limit each!:bounce:

Comment

I'm really impressed that someone still goes OTR :behindsofa:

Comment

Here's one way to deal with unwanted calls.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

Comment

The person in question is a great guy as I think the fact cloggy has posted shows.

If we can do anything to help we should.

There are several roads, make sure you cross the right one

Comment

Kafka - to avoid riddles and you having to be a mind reader lol, CC is talking about the site 'All About Debt.'

Comment

Its harassment seriously,once I have drop my number in marketing company's form.After that they make my life kinda hell its really terrifying and hilarious dayz for me ,they had call me 5 times with in 2 hours and I was completely tourchered by them.Finally I have activate DND service with my number and now I am safe.So be aware with marketing agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryBurns View Post
                Its harassment seriously,once I have drop my number in marketing company's form.After that they make my life kinda hell its really terrifying and hilarious dayz for me ,they had call me 5 times with in 2 hours and I was completely tourchered by them.Finally I have activate DND service with my number and now I am safe.So be aware with marketing agencies.
                The service you keep promoting is NOT in the UK, and is NOT free. Please can you tell us why the service you are promoting really help when we have UK law and UK mechanisms to actually deal with this issue?
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  Kafka - to avoid riddles and you having to be a mind reader lol, CC is talking about the site 'All About Debt.'
                  I should also have confessed to having made that time-wasting call. :grin:

Comment

Bad Cloggy.....off to Yorkshire with you

Comment

Oooh, I wonder what folk OTR think of us? Love the fact that we have a sense of humour :dance:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X