• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Summary Warrant - Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary Warrant - Scotland

I am hoping someone can help me with this - I've been paying my council tax at the end of every month but now I've discovered there's a problem doing this & it should have been on the 1st (stupid I know). So although I paid my last payment on 31st January through their online system it turns out the council went for a summary warrant sometime around the 5th Feb! As a result 10% has been added on. I've paid the extra £14 but now I'm really worried about the summary warrant.

What does it do to my future credit history?
    Is there anything I can do to rectify it?

I'll arrange DD in future to stop it happening again but what can I do in the meantime, it's really worrying. Someone please help...
    Tags: None

Re: Summary Warrant - Scotland

To be the best of my knowledge Councils do not report to credit reference agencies. I would call your council and explain what has happened.I would not worry unduly, you have paid up so that is all at the end of the day they are interested in.

Comment

Re: Summary Warrant - Scotland

I appreciate it is somewhat different in Scotland but would assume if all is now paid there should be no cause for concern. Have they said if it is to be given to Sheriffs Officers?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X