• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I take the Magistrates Service to Court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take the Magistrates Service to Court.

Basically, if the trial process has not been followed. I want to know if I can take the Magistrates service to court.
    Tags: None

Re: Can I take the Magistrates Service to Court.

You can appeal against a conviction in the magistrates court, or you can apply for Judicial Review. Each has a different process and different time limits.

Comment

It is a warrant of entry, where no notification took place. The time for complaint has elapsed and I am ****ed that they did not do there job properly.

Comment

I think you would have to deal with this through Judicial Review, that the warrant was ultra vires. You could claim compenssation as well as a declaration of illegality. However you would need ot do this within 3 months of the daate of the warrant you are complaining about.

Comment

Originally posted by rickierich View Post
          It is a warrant of entry, where no notification took place. The time for complaint has elapsed and I am ****ed that they did not do there job properly.
          Can you not think of more pleasurable ways to spend money than giving it to a bunch of lawyers?

Comment

Originally posted by rickierich View Post
            Basically, if the trial process has not been followed. I want to know if I can take the Magistrates service to court.
            Theoretically, Yes, although if you are not a millionaire with money to burn, this might not be practical. Tackling incompetent judges and magistrates is extremely difficult. Normally, you have to swallow it and appeal to a higher court.

In this case, it might be better to see if the evidence that they presented when applying for the warrant amounts to perjury.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X