• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

Can a OC repay a successful PPi claim to a DCA who bought the account or reduce the debt themselves by keeping the PPI refund
    Tags: None

Re: PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

Sadly I believe the answer is yes. They tend to build terms into the assignment of the debt which finds a legal way around what, to us, seems wrong. I'm not sure whether they buy it back, apply the ppi to the balance, then sell it back again or something, but I know I've read it's legal - annoying isn't it!

I think it was in this thread I read it:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=brummie

Comment

Thanks for the reply, however I cannot gain access to the thread you highlighted

Comment

Sorry - you would probably have to pay to upgrade to VIP to see it - it costs £9.00, but gives access to a lot more areas.

Comment

Yes they can, had one that was sold to Cabot via BOS and Blair Oliver Scott, not assigned properly but when I "won" the PPI Cabot got most of it and I got the balance, but at least I was rid of it.
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X