• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow & Suitor some advise please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bristow & Suitor some advise please

The mental health event you suffered would put you in the vulnerable category anyway. If necessary, get the mental health professionals who looked after you or are still looking after you, to contact the council, with your permission, and try and make the bozzos see sense.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I havent heard the "Bozzo " term for a while thank you for your comment :0)

Comment

Originally posted by godders1810 View Post
        I have a car its worth about £700 i have business insurance on this car as I needed it to visit clients, but can they take this ?
        I know not to let them in but this maybe wont stop them climbing my gates and fences ?
        Electricity will. As a (former?) farmer, you should know whence to get electric fencing... :rofl:

I dont really want to go to prison
        Then don't go - you'd only be gaoled if you refuse to pay, which you plainly have not done.

Get onto your local councillors and your MP - it's about time they did something useful. They might be able to talk some sense into the stupid officials.

Despite what the bailiff might claim, he would not be allowed to sell your daughter as a sex slave to a Russian oligarch.

Comment

this is a copy of the email I received from the council I have blocked his name out this is the reply i received when i explained I was now unable to work due to having a break down could i pay less please was all my email asked

Dear Miss xxxxxxx,
          I refer to your latest email concerning your Council Tax arrears, the content of which is noted.
          Due to the number of occasion upon which you have negotiated arrangements and have failed to maintain payments in the long term, your continued promises to make further payment, even at a reduced rate, lack credibility.
          Furthermore, any matters relating to Council Tax Benefit confers no defence in enforcement proceedings consequently the amount presently outstanding will remain payable.

Given the above, recovery action will not be suspended and should the bailiffs not recover your arrears, the Authority will embark on an application for your commitment to prison at the earliest opportunity, an issue that has been brought to your attention on many occasions.

Yours sincerely
          Ian XXXXXXX
          Revenues Supervisor
          North Warwickshire BC

How charming!

That should be sent to your MP and to the Daily Mirror.

Mr B----- (just google his job description) really ought to know better than that!

Here is his work history:

Ian started his career in local government with Birmingham City Council in 1982 as a clerical assistant, eventually becoming a rating assistant (property inspector) immediately before leaving to join Sandwell MBC in 1989.

Whilst at Sandwell, Ian was a team leader responsible for the collection of poll tax and council tax, primarily cutting his teeth in the magistrates’ courts in liability order and committal proceedings and representing the council at Valuation Tribunal hearings.

He left Sandwell in 2003, joining North Warwickshire BC initially as Senior Recovery Officer, now as Revenues Supervisor with day-to-day responsibility across all council tax and non-domestic rate functions.
          In other words, he has made quite a career out of being a nasty bugger. :mad2:

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
            The Council staff are completely out of order. can we ask which Council this is? As you are now on Benefits you should be classed as vulnerable according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents. Is the member of staff that has mentioned prison just whoever answers the phone or someone in a more senior position.
            His work phone number, according to the Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation, is 01827 719418

Comment

this is a copy of the email I received from the council I have blocked his name out this is the reply i received when i explained I was now unable to work due to having a break down could i pay less please was all my email asked

Dear Miss xxxxxxx,
              I refer to your latest email concerning your Council Tax arrears, the content of which is noted.
              Due to the number of occasion upon which you have negotiated arrangements and have failed to maintain payments in the long term, your continued promises to make further payment, even at a reduced rate, lack credibility.
              Furthermore, any matters relating to Council Tax Benefit confers no defence in enforcement proceedings consequently the amount presently outstanding will remain payable.

Given the above, recovery action will not be suspended and should the bailiffs not recover your arrears, the Authority will embark on an application for your commitment to prison at the earliest opportunity, an issue that has been brought to your attention on many occasions.

Yours sincerely
              Ian XXXXXXX
              Revenues Supervisor
              North Warwickshire BC

This would look very nice as part of a Formal Complaint to CEO, and c elected leader also copied to MP, with proof and history of your past and current health issues, and reliance on benefits in the complaint, time these bullying officials were ether given a restart course at Jobcentre +, or jailed themselves.

Do as advised by ploddertom, and labman. You cannot be jailed if you are paying something or attempting to pay, and the council and bailiff are frustrating your efforts.

Comment

Electric fences ......now theres an idea ! I will contact the local councillers/mp today .....the man is good at his job but he is a bully ..thank you

Comment

Electric fences ......now theres an idea ! I will contact the local councillers/mp today and also send the letter and ask all the questions as above about the liabillity orders .....the man is good at his job but he is a bully ..thank you all again I will advise what happens today .....

Comment

Once benefits are sorted, and as you are most likely vulnerable, they should send Bristow and Stupid away, and arrange payment via a deduction from benefit, as bailiff action is regarded as inappropriate in that circumstance.

Comment

the man is ... a bully
                      Yes.

He is acting as if he was a bailiff.

Perhaps he should be "assisted" to become one?

Comment

I have an appiontment with my MP on Saturday morning his office seemed very helpful, done the letter and asked the questions so now I have to just wait and see ...........thank you all again for your comments and advice I will keep posting as things change because i hope that any one else ever finds themselves in this position they might read this thread and take note :0)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X