• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome financial services - 6 mths missed payments for years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome financial services - 6 mths missed payments for years

Hi Ruby,

The original balance that was on my credit file was for 12k ish . And they had never stopped the interest - they then removed it when i complained via equifax.

I have had a PPI refund already from the FSCs its on the statement of accounts provided near the end. They also are offering me money from older 2003 accounts. About 750. I have just started a thread in the PPI Section with regards to that one.

How do i find out what charges are lawful and which ones are not...And then challenge it.

Thanks Mike

Comment

Hello. Bump.

Comment

:bump:
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Do you have a list of the fees that welcome charge in the terms and conditions of the agreement

Comment

Not sure. Will check and post back.
            Mike.

Comment

Just checked and not that i can see....

Interestingly though guys... On a plus note. Just received a reply from WF regarding my complaint about my payments being left at 6 mths missed payments rather than defaulting the account.

It reads...........

My Conclusions:

I agree that the NOD issued in 2012 should be removed and ideally backdated to 2007/2008. However we are unable to backdate this as the 6 year period has now lapsed and your account status would automatically revert back to 6mths missed payments. I have therefor upheld these parts of your complaint.

In order to rectify this, i have made recommendations that we mark your account as non-reporting which will mean that no information is shared with the credit report agencies, in essence removing your account from your credit file. This will be completed in the next 30 days. :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

RESULT!!

The rest of the letter goes on to say that the account is currently with Epingham and i need to contact them to arrange a payment plan for the balance of £4954.42...

What i want to know once they have taken it off can they put it back on my file if i dont pay them.

Mike

Comment

Sounds good, but still dont trust Welcome an inch!

Comment

Any update on this?

I have a very similar situation with Welcome giving me a CCJ in 2007 yet still updating my credit record to show I am 6 payments late up until this month - 5 years later!!

Do I sar them, or wait for it to drop off file in dec?

Comment

No you'd b best following it up. The CCJ will drop off, but wf's 6mths missed payment status will affect your ability to be granted credit indefinetly. They are terrible for it. Raise a complaint with equifax asking them to update the status to reflect the true status of your account. It should be defaulted to the same date as the CCJ. (Maybe even earlier)

DT. I'ts gone from all 3 CRF'S - All the messages have paid off.

Happy Days

Comment

Well done! ( still dont trust them though!)

Comment

As an update - this has now dropped off my CRA.

I SAR'd them, and they failed to produce my original credit agreement. Seeing as this is now off my CRA I shant worry, but if they ever try and chase me in future I shall ask for proof of the credit agreement.

Comment

i took out car finance with welcome in 2007 then in 2009 hubby lost his job and couldn't pay them, explained to them the situation and they were very good about the reduced payments then things went from bad to worse for us and we lost our house so had to move away i did tell them my new details and in 2011 started paying dlc 10.00 a month then there was a mix up with bank and payments stopped. the car has now died and i need their permission to scrap it and have tried constantly to contact them but they aren't responding to me i accept the debt but not the high charges they have put on my account. what can i do regarding the car its not repairable..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X