• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clydesdale Bank DPA non Compliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clydesdale Bank DPA non Compliance

Hi there,

I sent a DPA letter to the Clydesdale Bank requesting statements back in April last year:-

The Clydesdale Bank
    Advice Quality Unit, Charges Section
    Third Floor
    Brunswick Point
    Wade Lane
    LEEDS
    LS2 8NQ

21/4/2007

Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

This should cover all accounts held by myself (Woolfie) or any jointly held by myself and my wife (Mrs Woolfie) Our addresses have been as follows:-

Addresses in here

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.
    I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

Woolfie

I got a response asking for account details and sent the following back to them:-

The Clydesdale Bank
    89 Gray Street
    Broughty Ferry
    DD5 2AL
    22/5/2007

Dear Ms. Lumgair,

Further to your letter requesting further details I am afraid I am unable to supply the account numbers you requested. I find it astonishing that you have not been able to supply me with the information I requested by using the addresses supplied. My accounts would have been held with either the Chief office in Dundee or the Broughty Ferry Branch.

As there is no requirement for me to provide you with account numbers or sort codes and I still require you to supply me with the information requested in my last letter. If this is not forthcoming within the time scale set out then I will take legal action without further notification.

Yours faithfully,

Woolfie

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do next?

thanks

W

Re: Clydesdale Bank DPA non Compliance

Did you provide any proof of your ID with your letters?

Comment

Try phoning this number to retrieve your lost Account numbers and sort codes

0141 248 7070

if they cant help i`m sure they`ll point you in the right direction of someone who will.

Also, did they cash the cheque for the DPA payment?

Comment

I will do that Sol.

Didnt provide any proof but then they havent asked for any. Will provide them with what they need if asked or if you think it would be best?

TBH I am not sure if they cashed the cheque or not. But is that important? If the replied then they obviously got my request?

Cheers guys

W

Comment

Well, if they cashed the cheque and not posted the info to you they have taken money for a service that they did not provide. If you have the statements from the month in question it may be a good idea to check if they had.

Comment

Problem is Sol I sent off three or four that month and unfortunately didnt write in my cheque book which was which!!! Damn my bad record keeping. :-)

Comment

any updates woolfie?

Comment

I forgot all about this one so i phoned the Clydesdale but the tell me they cannot supply account numbers for closed accounts with out the account numbers!!?????

Any thoughts please

W

Comment

That is complete nonsense Woolfie and one of their better known delaying tactics see S.A.R Compliance - Legal Beagles (welcome back, long time no see btw)

A Subject Access Request is exactly what it says on the tin, the "Subject" is YOU, they should supply you wil any and all records they hold on YOU. I also received audio copies of telephone conversations on cd from Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank, I was even asked what file format I would like them on.

Not sure who is the main person in data control up in Glasgow now but when I did my SAR it was Gordon Watt. (contact details here>>Yorkshire Bank Contact Details - Legal Beagles )Speak with him on the telephone he is a lovely guy and very helpful if you are polite to him. He did accidentally let slip to me that they hold records dating back 21 years which covered all my dealings with YB back to account inception in 1988. He did however say that the 21 years would soon be changing, no doubt wanting to lose as much info as possible > 6 years for obvious reasons.

Let us know how you get on.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Tools thats helpful

Oh and its nice to be back!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X