• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where Can I get details of Old Mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Can I get details of Old Mortgages

Has anyone got ay ideas as to where I can find details of any mortgages I had. I know I had one with igroup & SPML, the threads jogged my memory, but when and on what property I've no idea. Also if it's really old will they still have my details n file?

Thanks
    Pam56
    Tags: None

Re: Where Can I get details of Old Mortgages

Secured loans such as mortgages have a Limitation period of 12 years (10 in Scotland) rather than the normal 6, so they should hold records going back at least 12 years. In fact, I would expect mortgage records would not be destroyed after that period as some credit agreements are.

If you send a SAR to the companies with the £10 fee they are obliged to send you all the personal data they hold on you, Ideally you would give the account numbers, but if you don't have them send the address/s you lived at then.

Comment

Any mortgages you've had will be recorded as a charge on the property at the Land Registry going back to 1900 (ish) and you can get this information even if you no longer own that property. Are you looking for mortgages you've redeemed against a property you still own or a historical one which you have sold?

Once you've established the lender this way you can write to them direct for full details. Is there a reason for wanting this information?

Comment

Need to claim PPI

Comment

Originally posted by Lindas64 View Post
          Need to claim PPI
          Would this be PPI in relation to an old mortgage?

(You've posted on an old thread started by someone with mortgage issues)

Who was the lender in your case and are you still an existing borrower or has the mortgage been redeemed?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X