• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NPower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPower

You wanna see the bill that I got from them today, a whooping £440 for the quarter!

I just can't believe it, I have walking round the house turning stuff off, wrapping the kids in extra clothes, ok yesterday and today the heating has been on most of the day, (it has been rather chilly), I just don't understand how I have used £200 worth of lecky in 3 months!

Time to start working by candle light me thinks!

Comment

EON have today announced their price increase...

15% for gas and 9.7% for electric... the gasps in the office were resounding!!

xxx
      Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
      For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
      And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

I do hope the one that came to my door is one of them.

Npower axes staff in sales probe

The Ofgem investigation will take months, not weeks.

Npower has dismissed six members of its sales team after claims of mis-selling energy contracts.
        The firm had suspended 17 members of staff after an undercover reporter said some had misled potential customers.
        The company added that the dismissals were "subject to due process and the rights of individuals to appeal".
        Regulator Ofgem has also started its own probe into the claims. Rules state that customers must be aware they are entering into a contract.
        Ofgem's probe is the first for alleged mis-selling since London Electricity, now part of the EDF group, was fined £2m by the regulator in 2002 after being found guilty of breaching the rules.
        Since then, the watchdog - which has powers to impose fines of up to 10% of global turnover - says that complaints about mis-selling have dropped significantly.
        Npower said it acted promptly after the claims. All its sales staff have been reminded about the rules, and mystery shopper schemes have been set up.
        A spokesperson for Npower said it would be continuing an internal audit of sales practices.

It's ok fining these people and getting Joe Blogg to carry the rap, that achieves nothing imo.
        The customers who have been deceived by these tactics should be compensated and largely.
        Last edited by enaid; 10th May 2008, 06:13:AM.

Comment

When is someone in authority going to punish these people & their firms to the extent that they decide it ain't worth robbing consumers

Anyway as this is a clear contravention of the 2006 Fraud Act why aren't the police charging them?

We have people being arrested for dropping an apple core so how far have these scam artists got to go before THEY get arrested

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X