• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rundle&Co baillifs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rundle&Co baillifs

Can anyone help, I ad a visit from a bailiff last week whilst I was at work he left a card stating that he ad visited to enforce a magistrates court order against me and that failure to pay will result in committal to prison. I called him first thing the morning after to offer payment t of £20 a week, he refused this and said that I have a week to pay the debt in full £480,yet the letter says the original debt was £278.30,and the rundle Web page says that I owe £377. I am so confused and stressed out by all if this.
    Tags: None

Re: Rundle&Co baillifs

The Government really are skint.

What was the alleged offence if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Hi and welcome.
      Please state what the debt is for, beit council tax etc.
      Two things:
      DON'T TALK TO THEM OR MAKE AGREEMENTS OVER THE PHONE. EVERYTHING IN WRITING...
      YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PRISON BY THEIR SAY.....PLEASE DON'T STRESS BY THEIR BULLY TACTICS!

If you can put up some more info about your problem, somebody will be along to help out soon.

Comment

Council tax, already spoke to him on phone told him I wud try to raise the money he asked that I call him back on Fri to make payment, I have also emailed the company to ask why the amount has jumped so dramatically, the card he left says enforcement call, I just don't know wot to do next, the only way I could pay his is by not paying my rent which there in causes more problems, my kids r stressing out because they know somethings wrong when they not allowed answer th door etc.

Comment

Have a read of this first & then well answer your questions http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax . He cannot send you to prison.

Comment

I know I do d really thick atm, but do I not have to pay him the full amount on Friday, and do I explain my reasons to him or just not make any contact with him, he told me he was using his discretion in giving me a week to find the money rather than 2 days, I am going to call the council first thing in the morning and see wot they av to say or what help they can offer me. Thank you so much :'(

Comment

If you are to speak with the council, please make a complaint about him.

Please read ploddertom's link....

Comment

The Council will more than likely tell you that you have to deal with the Bailiff and there is nothing they can do. They can but choose not to. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
                1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
                2 - the dates they were obtained
                3 - the addresses they were for
                4 - the period of time each covers
                5 - how much each one was for
                6 - how much is still outstanding
                7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
                8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

There is no law that says you have to speak to or deal with a Bailiff. Whatever happens do NOT under ANY circumstances allow him entry to your home. I fou have a car outside you must move it NOW. Providing you can deny him access or otherwise deny him a levy on goods outside the most you can be charged is £42-50.

You can move forward by paying the Council direct using online banking, Council website or automated phone. If you do this pay the same amount each time - £10 every Thursday for example - this quickly builds a willingness to pay and a payment history which could make life difficult should the Council want to take things further.

Do not ring the Bailiff and only speak to him from behind a closed door or upstairs window and try and record the conversation. Remember at all times Lesson No 1 - Bailiffs Lie.

Comment

Excellent advice Ploddertom - did you phone the council Stressedmum?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X