• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit card debt

continued from post #60
    Attached Files

Comment

You have a letter saying they can't find your agreement and they admit they can't enforce, sounds like a success! :grin: Keep that letter very safe!

Just out of interest, where did you get the application form? As they say they can't provide you with anything, where did that come from? Looks a lot like my RBS application form from 99.

Comment

Send a copy, preferably certified, to the court in support of your application for the claim against you to be struck out.

Comment

spinger spaniel,
          this is a seperate situation to the one you helped me with. it was capital 1, which you helped me with, you helped me put the court defence and n244.
          the capital 1 thread can be found at:http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...received/page4
          this one is a mint credit card, which hasnt gone to court yet, they didnt comply with the cca as they cant find the relevant documentation.
          is there anything i should be doing, taking into consideration they cant provide the relevant cca paperwork and stating its unenforcable?
          kind regards,
          selmar.

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
          Send a copy, preferably certified, to the court in support of your application for the claim against you to be struck out.

Comment

Make sure you keep hold of that letter where they say they can not enforce or find the paperwork. I would keep, scan, stick it virtually somewhere ( I use google and dropbox)

Comment

Just save the letter from now so you can send a copy to whoever contacts you in the future regarding this account.

Comment

Originally posted by SELMAR View Post
                Good afternoon,
                I am in need of some help and advice urgently please; ifanyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
                I have a credit card debt, which I can’t pay, so have sent the following 4 letters from the get out of debt free website, which are attached.
                And all of which I have omitted, for brevity.

It's a cunning plan and might even work, if you were trying to stop their claim on the basis that you are now a hopeless, helpless, raving lunatic and that you probably were already round the twist when you signed the agreement.

As "proof of madness" goes, the drivel from that website might be a bit more convincing than putting one's underpants on one's head, sticking pencils up one's nose and going "Wibble!" - but only just!

REPLY FROM SHOOSMITHS TO FOLLOW
                One might be astounded that their reply did not also contain a laundry bill. msl:

I'm delighted you've now got a more rational basis on which to contest their claim.

Comment

BAD CLOGGY:grin::grin:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    As Flaming Parrot has said rather more politely, the letters in your first post are total and utter twaddle and will only serve to hinder any attempt to negotiate settlements for these debts.
                    I'm not entirely sure that's quite accurate.

That nonsense could result in the claimant's barrister and the judge becoming paralysed with laughter if it was read out in open court.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      Anyway , if when you send you money and your request they do not respond within 14 working days or they respond with an agreement that doesn't provide the required terms then the account could be unenforceable (UE) but only if taken out before April 2007 (the law changed after that)
                      What that means is that they can not get a CCJ (county court judgement) or make you bankrupt unless you do not defend,
                      Or try to defend it as a Free Man Not At Sea? :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                        That's a bog standard response and since they wrote in December that they had asked the OC for the agreement, it looks like they can't get it. What a shame.
                        Indeed.

Might their apparent inability to scrape off where the office cat had crapped on the original agreement have anything to do with the Rapacious Bank of Sotland using Shoo$hits rather than Triton, their in-house threat monkeys?

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                          There are no penalties on the creditor for not replying in a timely manner other than they can not enforce it until they do
                          There used to be, though, until barmy Blair's turd-tongued and snivelling snollygosters changed the law to favour the banks.

Comment

Cloggy have you been smoking someone's stash?

Comment

Certainly not!

I just decided to lighten my response with a little alliteration.

Comment

Please don't use big words, you know how it confuses me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X