• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome finance /MKRR unsure what to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance /MKRR unsure what to do

Hi all

Im hoping you can help. In october i posted regarding a contact from Willen Collections about a loan i had a number of years ago from Welcome finance.

Once they stopped trading in my area i had no way to pay them, as i had been going into their local branch as i worked nearby. They had said they would contact me via post. Which never materialised. Then i discovered they had gone bust, so i assumed the debt was written off.

I sent a letter to Willen Collections as detailed below:

Your ref: XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

you have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number,which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Willen Collections.

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Tracing’s Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical and psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and alsoinform the Office of Fair Trading of your actions.

I refused to aknowledge the debt to them on the phone and hung up on them before sending this letter.

Then i recieved these at MY NEIGHBOURS HOUSE. Which i was less than impressed about

Further to our recent communication regarding transfer of ownership of your balance we have not recieved your offer of payment.

We want to help you and are in a position to offer instalement arrangement to clear the outstanding balance, but we can only do this after speaking to you. Please call us to discuss ways we can help. Alternatively you can make your payment at any post office or paypoint using the barcode below.

Until we reach an agreement to clear this balance we will continue to contact you by telephone or letterso we advise you to contact to resolve this matter.

yours

and 6/12/12

Regardless of our attempts by telephone and letter we still have nor recieved your offer of payment.

Our team would lioke to discuss this outstanding balnace with you and how it can be reduced. We want to help you and are in a position to offer an instalement arrangement to clear the outstanding balance, but we can only do this after speaking to you.

Please call us to discuss ways we can help. Alternativle you can make your payment at any post office or paypoint using the barcade below

Until you contact us we are unable to offer any assistance and may need to take further action to resolve this

yours

and 0n 18/12/12

Further tyo our letter offering you help to clear this balance we have not recieved your offer of payment.

Without your cooperation we cannot offer you any help to reduce this balance and may need to take further action to recover this amount.

We advise you to contact us immediately so we can come to an aggreement

yours

and finally 7/1/13

As you have not taken up our offer of help, and as a legal requirement, we must now inform you that we are instructing our pre-legal department to review your account for further action.

They may commence litigation against you which could increase the amount payable to to costs incurred in line with your agreement. Should the matter proceed and a court judgement be obtained against you, they could take a charge against your property (if you are a homeowner) or have monies deducted directly from your salaries (if you are employed)

Its not too late to resolve this matter, Please contact us immediate;y to allow us to help you

yours

Can anyone help me?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X