• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please - Are Bristow and Sutor over charging?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - Are Bristow and Sutor over charging?

Total:
    Fees:
    Client:
    Original:
    Current:

Transactions:
    Date:
    Total:
    Fees:
    Client:
    Description:
    Opening Balance
    03/07/12
    CR
    CR
    Letter Fee: 03/07/12
    02/08/12
    CR
    CR
    A.T.L. Fee (First Visit): 02/08/12
    03/09/12
    CR
    CR
    A.T.R. Costs (Second Visit): 03/09/12
    03/09/12
    CR
    CR
    A.T.L. Fee (Second Visit): 03/09/12
    09/11/12
    CR
    CR
    A.T.R. Costs (Third Visit): 09/11/12
    09/11/12
    CR
    CR
    Levy Fee: 09/11/12
    22/01/13
    CR
    CR
    Van/Abortive Removal Fees: 22/01/13
    Current Balance
    Tags: None

Re: Help please - Are Bristow and Sutor over charging?

Sorry couldnt fit any text in to accompany the above, i would be grateful if anybody could tell me if they are overcharging, if so how much should i legally pay them, thanks in advance.

Comment

Was this for a ticket you knew about?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Was this for a ticket you knew about?
        Yes it was for a parking ticket i had forgot to pay.

Comment

£700 for a bloody parking ticket! That is outrageous!!!!!!!!

Another clear example of the government (assisted by local authorities) thieving off the white, middle class, law abiding taxpayers and trying to criminalise as many of them as they possibly can.

It's all about teaching us whose boss!

I wish you every success.
          Keep the door bolted and then keep quiet.

Comment

Post deleted - reposted below

Last edited by labman; 26th January 2013, 03:35:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by modplod View Post
              £700 for a bloody parking ticket! That is outrageous!!!!!!!!

Another clear example of the government (assisted by local authorities) thieving off the white, middle class, law abiding taxpayers and trying to criminalise as many of them as they possibly can.

It's all about teaching us whose boss!

I wish you every success.
              Keep the door bolted and then keep quiet.
              Hello and welcome to Legal Beagles!

I noticed from another thread you stated you used to be a policeman of some years service. I imagine you came across a few bailiffs during your time in the force. Keeping the door shut and keeping quiet will not actually resolve the problem for the OP here. What would you suggest, drawing on your experience, the OP actually does to move this towards a resolution?

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by garyc33 View Post
                Yes it was for a parking ticket i had forgot to pay.
                I assume you had the original ticket & ignored all the other letters that came about it. I'm not being critical as we have all done similar hoping it will go away but this time it has come back to haunt you big time & is more awkward to deal with. Have you asked to see the Warrant they have & if so have you checked the date it was raised - they only last for 12 months, the address it is directed at including postcode. Don't forget the Warrant will have the reg no of the vehicle that you committed the offence in on it. I would suggest if you have the same vehicle you move it.

According to what they say they made visits "Attending to Remove" twice before they even made a levy - I would challenge these. They then claim to have made a levy on their 3rd Visit - did they leave you a Notice of Seizure? They claim an "Abortive" removal fee have you asked to see proof of the receipt that they paid the bill for this?

Comment

Dont know where the policeman thing came from as this is my first posting and have never been a policeman.
                  I was asking because i was told there are set fees that the baliffs can charge, i think somebody said 28 percent of original debt etc but was unsure if this was true or not. I will ask them about the date of the warrent but do not understand what this is, no notice of siezure was made on the third visit as nobody was in, and only the bill saying they had called was left. Sorry if i seem a little stupid on this matter.

Comment

Lol........the comment to being a former police officer was directed at post #5, not yours. pcn's are not really my subject but there are plenty of others who do understand them but, on the face of what you have posted there appears to have been an irregular method of applying some of these fees as PT has also spotted.....hang on in there as advice is a bit thin on the ground at weekends but I will fish around to see if anyone is available.

Pepsie

Comment

ok thanks
                      Originally posted by pepsie View Post
                      Lol........the comment to being a former police officer was directed at post #5, not yours. pcn's are not really my subject but there are plenty of others who do understand them but, on the face of what you have posted there appears to have been an irregular method of applying some of these fees as PT has also spotted.....hang on in there as advice is a bit thin on the ground at weekends but I will fish around to see if anyone is available.

Pepsie

Comment

As far as know only one Attendance To Remove can be charged on a Warrant of Execution, the visit fees are correct, there should be no Levy fee and the charge for removal/aborted removal can only apply if something was seized and a tow truck was called but cancelled....even then £228.00 seems excessive.

If you want more information tell us what happened.
                        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                          As far as know only one Attendance To Remove can be charged on a Warrant of Execution, the visit fees are correct, there should be no Levy fee and the charge for removal/aborted removal can only apply if something was seized and a tow truck was called but cancelled....even then £228.00 seems excessive.

If you want more information tell us what happened.
                          Hi, First visit the guy turned up in his car, the door wasnt answered and he put his paperwork through the door, second visit my wife answered the door and refused him entry so he put my sons car down on his sheet although she told him this wasnt my car and nothing was signed as he went to his car and put the paperwork through the letterbox, third visit two guys in a transit turned up but the door wasnt answered to them and again they put the paperwork throuygh the letterbox. When i got back i rang the baliff to explain the charges but all he said was ring the office which i did and got the above statement.

Comment

Are Bristow and Sutor over charging?
                            Do monkeys crap in the jungle?
                            Is a hog's penis pork?

Comment

The fees are clearly incorrect. Have you filed as Stat Dec out of time? If not, see this link:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

That would really be your next move.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X