• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrant Of Execution letter for Congestion charge recieved...they got the wrong girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant Of Execution letter for Congestion charge recieved...they got the wrong girl

Hi Folks,

I am a first time poster and would be grateful for your advice.
    A warrant of execution letter arrived today from Marston Group baliffs, informing my g/f of a penalty charge of £200.44, for an unpaid London congestion charge fine. The warrant is authorised by the Traffic Enforcement Centre of Northhampton County Court.

This is the first she has heard of this, as the fine was issued over a year ago, on 05/12/2012.
    The warrant states that the fine needs to be paid within 7 days of issue of the letter, (issued on the 15 Jan, second class postage so it arrived today 17th) , or else baliffs will arrive and sieze property.

The thing is.....
    the car to which the fine is accociated, was sold on the 26/11/2012, 9 days before the date of the offence.

Thinking logically, i suspect the new owner went to London and comitted the offence, the system picked up the reg and sent the original fine notice to my g/f's address, as the DVLA may not have updated the database with the new owner details by that time.
    The only catch is, we had moved house 2mths before, and she didn't update the new address on the V5 because she was trying to sell it, therefore any penalty notices would have gone to the old address.
    She did however, inform the DVLA of her new address when she sent the change of ownership form, and we have the acknowledgement letter to prove they updated the records, I guess the small window between the comittal of the offence and the DVLA recieving the change of ownership form, is where the problem started.

So what do we do.....and in what order?
    • do i contact the DVLA and get proof of when the new owner took ownership
    • do i call the traffic enforcement centre and explain the story
    • should i contact Marstons and tell them they got the wrong person
    • do i talk to Transport for London

i need to act tomorrow as i am conscience of time running out before some ape of a Baliff calls to the house and intimidated my g/f, as i'm away next week.

Any advice would be really appreciated,

Regards,
    Denis
    Tags: None

Re: Warrant Of Execution letter for Congestion charge recieved...they got the wrong g

Have a read ot the link below, especially the bit from 'Important Information About PCN's' onwards. It tells you how to appeal the fine.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

If you have any questions, just post back up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X