• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Accused of Harassment and Bullying...Please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Accused of Harassment and Bullying...Please help.

You came here to get information on employment law and to unload. The good thing about internet forums is that you get diverse opinions. It's like switching between Oprah Winfrey (fuzzy wuzzy :grouphug: ) and Jeremy Kyle (brutally honest :director and both have their uses.

I can never 'move on' from a situation which has hurt me because I need closure and preferably revenge because that works for me :smash: You must do what works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      You came here to get information on employment law and to unload. The good thing about internet forums is that you get diverse opinions. It's like switching between Oprah Winfrey (fuzzy wuzzy :grouphug: ) and Jeremy Kyle (brutally honest :director and both have their uses.

I can never 'move on' from a situation which has hurt me because I need closure and preferably revenge because that works for me :smash: You must do what works for you.
      You can move on in the sense that you get on with your life, but you can't really FORGET a bad experience, or those who hurt you in the past, even after many years. :clock:It's just not something you can easily control, I still remember my experience with a City employer who sacked me in 2003 as if it had been yesterday, that's one of the things that motivated me to participate in consumer forums. From a legal point of view, the matter was officially settled but in my mind, the abuse of the little people by the big guns has never been settled. :evil:

I'm sure I will still remember similar, more recent events, as vividly in 10 years time, even when I'm (hopefully) living in A Place In The Sun. In my experience, you get on with your life, but you never really forget. :nono:

Comment

Once upon a long time ago,,within the last 6 years,someone I loved and trusted did me a huge wrong (family),it wasn't physical,abusive or violent but it hurt me so badly because it hurt 2 other family members as well as me.
        There was an almighty hullaballoo,shouting,swearing,threats of excommunication from the family etcetc,,the only one who didn't kick off was me,,it hurt too deeply. I was silent and have remained so all this time (and for a tempermental person like me it shocked everyone,(I'm the family a rsekicker,always have been).
        Last week,I found out the person involved had been caught out doing something naughty (financially) and I laughed my head off because God doesn't pay his debts in money,this person has had his just rewards,I knew my day would come,,didn't know when or how but I knew it would and it's a lovely feeling .
        My point is,,pick your battles carefully, cos if you lose, the pill is very very bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Bearing in mind that there are still two sides to every story, and just because the OP's version may be true from their perspective does not mean it is the only version or the only true version (from other people's perspective)... And wasn't it you who was about to go around and punch someone's lights out over a sexually suggestive hot water bottle, which kind of illustrates the point! And also bearing in mind that if we strip this down to the basic facts, an employer got a complaint about bullying and harassment which was supported and borne out by multiple witness statements, so are we actually saying that if the alleged perpetrator is your friend they should ignore the facts in front of them and let you off (because that would tend to fly in the face of saying that bullying and harassment should be treated seriously in the workplace)....

What particular brand of closure and preferably revenge would you suggest that doesn't have a high degree of risk to the OP? The OP is fond of quotations. Here's one. "When seeking revenge, remember to dig two graves".

Moving on doesn't, as others have said, mean forgetting all about it. It means learning from the experience and going forward from it. There have been some very painfully gained lessons here which I doubt (and hope) the OP won't forget in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
            Once upon a long time ago,,within the last 6 years,someone I loved and trusted did me a huge wrong . . . .

. . . . Last week,I found out the person involved had been caught out doing something naughty (financially) and I laughed my head off because
            God doesn't pay his debts in money,this person has had his just rewards,I knew my day would come

It's good to know that even God is aware of the statute of limitations :bounce:

Comment

I thought that too PlanB as I typed it msl: although,knowing the person involved I bet he would have tried if he could.

Comment

"Either that or I fall back on my Rhinestone denim jacket business that I’m sure is about to come back into fashion any day now. "

Tee hee GS - gotta post again and say that even that (which may well work) is better than mooning over your illusory love. Why do we all get so bitter when someone turns out not to be the person we projected on to them?

The reasons that cliches become cliches is that they reflect truths. "Sawing sawdust" springs to mind -as does:deadhorse:

You need to get out there and find yourself a real woman who will embrace the truth about you and see who you really are.

As for career - I think the rhinestone denim would go very well with a writing career

Keep us all posted - I'm not the only one here addicted to the story-telling and we are waiting for the happy ending x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X