• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell seeking payment of £600 for Vodafone contract - Advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell seeking payment of £600 for Vodafone contract - Advice needed

Hi

I have been corresponding with Lowell since July 2011 relating to an old mobile phone contract (from 2009) that my husband had with Vodafone (he did take out the contract but he didn't fully understand the terms and conditions so ended up with large bills and thought he could just cancel the payment to get out of the contract. He moved around a lot so it took them a while to catch up with him) The outstanding amount relates to calls and residual contact charges. We have tried desperately to dispute this amount but have not got anywhere. Lowell ignore letters we have sent by recorded delivery and deny receiving them even if we have proof, they haven't provided various paperwork we have requested, have sent harassing and threatening letters etc. We have made complaints to the Financial Ombudsmen, the Communications Ombudsman, the Credit Service Association, Vodafone and Lowell themselves aswell as seeking advice from the CAB but we haven't got anywhere. In May 2012 we agreed to start making payments of £10 per month as no one would help us and they kept on threatening us. It took until December 2012 for them to take the first direct debit payment of £10 but this month they have failed to take a payment in January. They have caused us a great deal of stress over the past few months and we don't want to have to deal with them anymore. We offered to pay them £200 in full and final settlement in November but they declined this request and would not make a counter offer with a settlement amount. I'm not sure if I should contact them and ask them why they haven't taken a payment. I'm worried if I don't they make claim we haven't kept to the payment schedule and take us to court which we really don't want.

Basically we don't want to deal with them anymore as they are a terrible company but at the same time we don't believe we should have to pay them the full amount. We don't understand why it took them so long to set up a direct debit after they have spent so long chasing the debt and why they have not taken a payment in January. We can't afford to pay it off in full but I have been considering doing this on a credit card to end all the dealings with them.

Does anyone have any advice as to what we can do?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell seeking payment of £600 for Vodafone contract - Advice needed

Bump so that someone more knowledgable can answer this....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hope you get help soon

Comment

Hi MrsOris,

Apologies for not seeing this post sooner.

In the event that you're still in need of assistance with this matter you're welcome to email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - Fao Lee in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
        I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X