• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking eye enforcement

Originally posted by Talkinman View Post
    Do these rules apply to a slightly different situation? My wife parked at a local car park with a 2 hour limit, no ticket was issued it was all done by camera she overstayed by 18 minuets and now has a parking charge notice from "ParkingEye" with a discount if paid early. I am very tempted to ignore the whole thing but dont want to end up with a huge bill. Advice would be much appreciated.
    Yes, same rules, as long as you're sure it's a Parking Charge Notice and NOT a Penalty Charge Notice. A Penalty Charge Notice should be paid asap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      I wonder why red setters are pale blue?
      Pale blue is a gentle, discrete colour. Darker blue suggests something less discrete and is less pleasant.

Oops, you're darker blue - so what have you been up to then? :tung:

Comment

I am now minded to just ignore all correspondence from these people. They did however include a leaflet quoting the "Protection of freedoms act 2012-changes to private parking" which the leaflet says came into operation on the 1st October 2012. It says that the appeals are dealt with by an organisation called "POPLA".
        Has anyone any knowledge of this and does it change the situation? I suspect not and that this is just a numbers game this company plays (the majority of people will pay these charges) I must admit I am still a bit nervous about not paying. Should I go through their appeals process?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Pale blue is a gentle, discrete colour. Darker blue suggests something less discrete and is less pleasant.

Oops, you're darker blue - so what have you been up to then? :tung:
          OUCH!

Comment

OUCH!

Could also depend which of the two universities one went to? lol

Who knows?

Comment

Could also depend which of the two universities one went to? lol
              Or who cares?

Comment

Or who cares?
                I've discovered why mine is that colour. The sky blue is also called. 'Angel Blue' which gives a clear explanation I think.

You are China Blue - I'll have No.47 with curry sauce please!

Comment

​And meanwhile....the advice to the OP is?

Comment

I've had exactly the same letter through. I emailed them when I first got the letter but am going to ignore all correspondance from here on in. I'd imagine it is the fear factor they play on, by numbers as you stated

Comment

I am now minded to just ignore all correspondence from these people. They did however include a leaflet quoting the "Protection of freedoms act 2012-changes to private parking" which the leaflet says came into operation on the 1st October 2012. It says that the appeals are dealt with by an organisation called "POPLA".
                      Has anyone any knowledge of this and does it change the situation? I suspect not and that this is just a numbers game this company plays (the majority of people will pay these charges) I must admit I am still a bit nervous about not paying. Should I go through their appeals process?
                      For now ignore what the others are up to, you have to have a bit of lighthearted banter from time to time.

Going to what you asked about. You can indeed appeal to POPLA, it will cost the parking company approx £30 to do so. I'm still sceptical as to whether that is independent as the few that have come through were in favour of the parking co. However any "judgment" made is binding on the Parkin Co but not on the motorist, so you can do it, lose & still ignore it. If you ignore you will get bits of paper purporting to be letters from them and as time goes on they will be let loose with the red felt tip.

Going back to where your OH parked - was it a free car park? If so ask yourself how much did they therefore loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                        ​And meanwhile....the advice to the OP is?
                        Hi Inca,

Advice as per posts 11, 15 and 16. It hasn't changed.

Have a read through some of the posts. We talked about this a little while ago, and you said you were going to do this. Anything regarding Parking Charge Notices, refer to the link in the bailiff thread, basically appeal and ignore, or just ignore.

Purely so you know for the future. We're all learning!
                        Last edited by labman; 28th January 2013, 13:52:PM.

Comment

I've discovered why mine is that colour. The sky blue is also called. 'Angel Blue' which gives a clear explanation I think.
                          In that case, shouldn't it be Sky Blue Pink? msl:

Comment

Change in Law of 1st of October made vehicle owners responsible for paying parking charges on the private land unless the driver is identified. However, such parking is still governed by a law of contract which does not recognise penalty charges for breech of contract, only recovery of direct loss and reasonable mount for administration of recovery process. As mentioned before by someone else, the court found that administration expenses of banks, for example, does not exceed £12!!!!

Comment

I am a bit confused now, Am I liable to pay this charge or could it be that eventually I may have to pay a £12 admin fee?

Comment

That was some someone making a comparison with Bank Charges. For PPC's the advice for now is IGNORE.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X