• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye enforcement

Hi all. I would like some help please. My 74 year old Dad got a parking fine from Parking Eye, and we told him to ignore all the letters. which he did, he received 3 in total and the final one being in red. However today he has received a letter from them saying: Dear Sir/Madam, The requirements of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom's Act required for keeper liability have now been satisfied and as a result, we must inform you that in accordance with Schedule 4 ParkingEye now has the right to recover any unpaid part of the Parking Charge from you, the registered keeper. It goes onto say that unless payment is received a solicitor will be instructed.
    Do they have any rights to recover the money with this Freedom's Act or should he continue to ignore?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye enforcement

What utter twaddle. Talk about abuses of legalese to seriously mislead their lawful rights and powers.

Continue to file under I as they are spouting the best Bovine Excrement ever..

For Information the Freedom of Information act covers what a PUBLIC body must do, not a private company, that would be covered by Data Protection laws

Comment

Many thanks for that, it'll be a relief for my Dad.

Cheers

Comment

If you want some light relief have aread of this one http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye

Comment

Indeed - continue to ignore.

Comment

Just read section 4 i think we can see that its not very clear on what might happen if the registered keeper is taken to a civil court it nees a case and then probabley an appeal to clarify the law im sure it would go against parking companies as i suspect they could only claim the lost revenue extra hours parking?and reasonable costs probable 12 quid for letter like seems the banks are limited to.
            Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              Just read section 4 i think we can see that its not very clear on what might happen if the registered keeper is taken to a civil court it needs a case and then probably an appeal to clarify the law im sure it would go against parking companies as i suspect they could only claim the lost revenue extra hours parking?and reasonable costs probable 12 quid for letter like seems the banks are limited to.
              Any other thoughts?
              It depends how well it is defended. The one case I know of was defended appallingly and the appeal went against them. They took totally the wrong angle on the defence though. With an even half decent defence I am sure you'd be right.

Comment

Do these rules apply to a slightly different situation? My wife parked at a local car park with a 2 hour limit, no ticket was issued it was all done by camera she overstayed by 18 minuets and now has a parking charge notice from "ParkingEye" with a discount if paid early. I am very tempted to ignore the whole thing but dont want to end up with a huge bill. Advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

When it happened to me I just ignored them and they got quite hysterical LOL.

Eventually they started sending letters with black-and-white chequered borders like a copper's hat. Either the sender died of apoplexy in frustration, or else they gave up trying (I never knew which) :whoo:

Comment

I wonder why red setters are pale blue? sorry, off topic

Kafka, how long did the oficial looking threat-o-grams continue before they stopped sending them?

Comment

There's normally 3/4 from the PPC and a further 3/4 from a "DCA" threatening all sorts.
                      Either way they can all be ignored, especially the "DCA" as they are urinating into inclement weather
                      They make Mucky Hall look professional !!!

Comment

Sorry to be a pain can you tell me what PPC and DCA stand for? Pardon my ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                          I wonder why red setters are pale blue? sorry, off topic

Kafka, how long did the oficial looking threat-o-grams continue before they stopped sending them?
                          As I recall it was about 4 letters altogether over about 3 months, passing various strict deadlines!

Comment

PPC - Private Parking Company
                            DCA - Debt Collection Agency..

Comment

Have a read of the link in Post 4.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X