• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Greetings from a victim of UK Parking Control Ltd

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from a victim of UK Parking Control Ltd

Hi Guys and Girls,

I found this website by chance as a result of fighting what I think is an extortionate parking ticket issued by UKPC ltd at Wycombe Retail Park.

Hoping to find other people who may have had experience of contesting tickets like this. I received today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd threatening County Court proceedings if I don't cough up an amount that has now escalated to £150.00.

Its absolutely scandalous, the site was not obviously private land, signage is not as visible as it should be (or was not not back in October when I parked there), I was parked for only a handful of minutes while I delivered a bag of kids clothes to my wife's friend and the specific parking, other than the road, was for residents of the block of flaats I was delivering to, a block that has 285 flats and I was delivering to no. 283 on the top floor!

Even their own photos of my vehicle do not show any adequate signage warning that parking restrictions apply;

http://www.ukpcappeals.co.uk/Photos/Default.aspx

type in; 0309234085830 then FE55 VYP and click submit.

Fingers crossed someone here may have some knowledge that'll help me nip this claptrap in the bud!

Cheers

Ian
    Tags: None

Re: Greetings from a victim of UK Parking Control Ltd

Welcome HMSGenoa

Does your ticket say PARKING Charge Notice, rather than PENALTY Charge Notice?

I'll assume it does.

This is not a fine, it is not from the Council.

Have a read of this thread:
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye

Basically, to enforce this ticket, they would have to take you to Court.....which is very unlikely.

Pepipoo Forum also has great info on this subject, but I certainly wouldn't worry too much.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Welcome HMSGenoa

Does your ticket say PARKING Charge Notice, rather than PENALTY Charge Notice?

I'll assume it does.

This is not a fine, it is not from the Council.

Have a read of this thread:
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye

Basically, to enforce this ticket, they would have to take you to Court.....which is very unlikely.

Pepipoo Forum also has great info on this subject, but I certainly wouldn't worry too much.
      Thank you Celestine, The letter I have received today Celestine says ' 'Accordingly if we do not receive full payment or contact from you with your proposal for pyment, this matter may be passed (to - word missing) the landholdes solicitor to commence county Court proceedings. Please see our website www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk for further details'

Whether unlikely or not, and I've already made my mind up I'm prepared to go to court if necessary, its a nusiance , I don't feel I should have to be dealing with this! I'd like to bill them for my time!

Comment

LOL w'd all love to bill many of these types of muppets for our time!!

Always look for the word MAY. "this matter MAY be passed to blah blah". It's empty threats so don't get too excited about a ding dong in Court because I seriously doubt you'll get the chance.

Its a numbers game to them, most people don't think to question the initial Parking Charge Ticket and pay up out of ignorance and fear.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine, I understand what I've been able to quickly read on the links, but feel I ought to reply to them to say that I contest it and that I'll see them in court if necessary, then nobody can turn around and say 'you didn't deal with it' .

But it's encouraging to see that the general consensus of opinion is just to ignore these letters! What was really aggravating was drafting a length appeal letter to 'POPLA@ and then trying to email it and receiving a message that it was bouncing back because their email box was full, so do I presume the 'POPLA' thing is also a scam? I'd forwarded the to web@londoncouncils.co.uk as they apparently have a contract to administer 'POPLA' and didn't receive a reply from them either (but got a read receipt).

I'll check back in tomorrow, don't want to lose anymore sleep over this nonsense, good night , have a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Hmsgenoa View Post
            Hi Guys and Girls,

I found this website by chance as a result of fighting what I think is an extortionate parking ticket issued by UKPC ltd at Wycombe Retail Park.

Hoping to find other people who may have had experience of contesting tickets like this. I received today a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd threatening County Court proceedings if I don't cough up an amount that has now escalated to £150.00.

Its absolutely scandalous, the site was not obviously private land, signage is not as visible as it should be (or was not not back in October when I parked there), I was parked for only a handful of minutes while I delivered a bag of kids clothes to my wife's friend and the specific parking, other than the road, was for residents of the block of flaats I was delivering to, a block that has 285 flats and I was delivering to no. 283 on the top floor!

Even their own photos of my vehicle do not show any adequate signage warning that parking restrictions apply;

http://www.ukpcappeals.co.uk/Photos/Default.aspx

type in; 0309234085830 then FE55 VYP and click submit.

Fingers crossed someone here may have some knowledge that'll help me nip this claptrap in the bud!

Cheers

Ian
            Richard Talmage Completely ignore - the 'ticket' you have is whats legally known as a 'speculative invoice'. You need to have a SIGNED contract to be bound by their terms. The notices in the car park are invalid.

Ignore all correspondence. The letters will get passed from company to company (different name same address) making it look worse, saying they may pursue it further (notice the word - may, not will)

I have never paid for any 'ticket' and never will.

If on the extremely rare occasion you were to get a small claims court form from them, then even under the new laws in 2012, this defense nails it:

"I defend the whole amount, taking into account recent case in the Brentford county court on 23/10/2013 - case number QT62646 - ParkingEye Ltd - vs - Ms Anita Sharma
            and for the following reasons which are also my defense; that :-
            1) I have no civil contract with the claimant whatsoever
            2) The amount claimed is not consistent with any losses actually incurred
            3) The claimant does not own the land in question."

22 mins · Unlike · 1

Comment

Originally posted by mickmac123 View Post
              Richard Talmage Completely ignore - the 'ticket' you have is whats legally known as a 'speculative invoice'. You need to have a SIGNED contract to be bound by their terms. The notices in the car park are invalid.

Ignore all correspondence. The letters will get passed from company to company (different name same address) making it look worse, saying they may pursue it further (notice the word - may, not will)

I have never paid for any 'ticket' and never will.

If on the extremely rare occasion you were to get a small claims court form from them, then even under the new laws in 2012, this defense nails it:

"I defend the whole amount, taking into account recent case in the Brentford county court on 23/10/2013 - case number QT62646 - ParkingEye Ltd - vs - Ms Anita Sharma
              and for the following reasons which are also my defense; that :-
              1) I have no civil contract with the claimant whatsoever
              2) The amount claimed is not consistent with any losses actually incurred
              3) The claimant does not own the land in question."

22 mins · Unlike · 1
              Case law says otherwise. Even if Beavis wins contract acceptance by conduct won't.

M1

Comment

Hi,

I have had the same now and my was for a parking permit and now got a letter off drp, so should I just ignore it?

Comment

This is getting confusing. The original post was 2013 then someone said "ignore all", which is NOT the advice and now you have added a different case (I think).

I would be inclined to start you own entry about your parking problem and say what you have received, from whom and when.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X